Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet - Page 5 Empty Re: And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:27 am

"Ooh I suppose it must taste bad on the other side of that doesn't it?" He replied , amused by an Albion of all people complaining of the concept of conquest.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet - Page 5 Empty Re: And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

Post by The Lord Regent Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:48 am

"You think this is the same as humans conquring humans?" The Albion asked him sharply "It is not as simple as a war over land or sovereignty; it is a war for the future of the human races, this is not some temporary conquest if they have their way the future of humanity is eternal serfdom or vassalage at best. Conquest is one thing; this is quite another. This is a war for the right of the human race to exist as its own master, and if we lose this we never will be again."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 am

"....Doubtable at best." He replied with a shake of his head "No ever can hold that much land , especially not one with such a bad reputation among it's possible vassals, at most they take Ergmir." He continued clinically "They don't have the numbers to support such a large conquest you see, and no cassus belli ."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 am

"Numbers can be produced my friend" he smiled a bit amused "Don't tell me your parents never gave you the talk. If they take root they will grow like a bodily cancer; slowly at first, but once if they take Ergmir; then their greatest opposition has fallen, and they are already half way there."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:17 pm

"What of Balion?" He replied "Have you no faith in your cousins?" He smirked back , it was fun to debate with someone who actually knew what they were talking about for once.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:41 am

(Balion?)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 pm

(America)
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:04 am

"They are young and industrialized in comparison; to the full force of ergmir" He pointed out. "They are scrappy, but their army isn't much next to the combined arms of ergmir" The albion added
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:51 am

"Well from what we've seen they do not fight conventionally , not at all in fact mi amico." He replied with a snide smirk "Regardless I severely doubt the Takarans wield the power you imply my friend."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:27 am

"They took a chunk of Ergmir without being instantly annihilated by the alliance against the that followed; that makes the just about the most powerful single nation on the planet" The albion shook his head
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 am

"The alliance is unwieldy , divided by grudges and old pride , I expect this weakened them severely ." He replied as finally the wagon stopped with a jolt , putting an end to the little debate "Well I suppose we're at out stop amico." He remarked with a grin as he grabbed his suitcase and stepped out of the wagon , squinting his eyes from the bright sun as his feet hit the dirt of the courtyard.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:38 am

Second out of the wagon was rook; whose entire body stretched with or without his input upon exiting
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

The courtyard was plain, the kind of slightlly rough and tumble conditions one expected when it came to a revolution , even when it came to one as fortuitously organized as theirs. "We should get to our commanding officer's office , so we aren't seen as late , though watching the men train could be beneficial."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:04 pm

"We certainly should" Rook agreed ever a fan of the proper procedures except when it inconvenienced him; he headed that way
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 pm

"So , are you two related?" The officer questioned with a raised brow as he looked over the two , he was a man of medium height , gracefully aged with a truly magnificent mustache. An elder statesman of the nobility , a man of great renown in Mystria though perhaps unknown to Rook who lived so very far away , the man's name Alexandro Di Delobo , the wolf of Castaran. He was sat at a large austere yet well made desk , pen in gloved hand as he stared over them with a dull boredom "Well...answer me."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:16 pm

"Not at all sir" Rook responded and introduced himself "I am Dr. James Rookwood of the Albion university of higher magic; artillery mage." He had graduated quite young due to his prowess
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:19 pm

The old officer's eyes widened in recognition as a smile set on his face "Ah really...I believe I took a skimming at your thesis on the Properties of Calcimite when used in summoning circles no? Quite the fascinating entry I must say though I have my own theories on the matter." He nodded sharply as he picked up his pipe and took a small puff "Yet of course I need papers that prove your identity."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:27 pm

"Those cannot be obtained; I left albion rather quickly and under false accusation of murder" Rook admitted, rather bluntly and without any pomp or noble flowery speech; he did not often use it; his power was his authority not his tittle. "But that is of no consequence to me, so long as there is a position where I can fight; I can prove my skill and worth without need of any papers."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:53 pm

"Hmmn, that makes the situation slightly more complicated , I assume you would like to be filed under your alleged name, yet you have no papers....So we cannot give you the rank one of your supposed stature would have , yet perhaps....a demonstration of skill." He nodded slowly to both himself and Rook. Smile lines showing evermore as his old calf brown eyes twinkled with a measure of the most subdued gentlemanly type of mischief . "Yes a demonstration , later tonight , for now you will be filed in , but under anonymous." He decided with crisp finality as though there was nothing more to be said on the matter.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 pm

"You may file me under "Rook" if you need another name" He offered hoping to make the man's job a bit easier and nodded "I would appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate my power and skill. What am I to do in the meantime?"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 pm

"Well you can head to your bunk while I interview your companion here , and I'll send an errand boy to seek of you when appropriate." He replied evenly and with that turned to Alessio , signaling their meeting was over.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

He gave a nod before he exited the room, and headed to look for his bunk; as he had not recieved directions. He'd also have to ask where his familiar could say now he thought about it.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm

The bunks were not hard to find as they had the look of a barracks , square , drab , almost spartan in appearance as they were meant for bunking rankers not training possible officers.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Rook would stay here if that is what it took, but his familiar could see he was displeased; unless she had gone off to chat up some of the soldiers.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:31 pm

She definitely had yes.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum