Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet Empty And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

Post by LaChambirdie Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 pm

The hot Mystrian sun beat down on the head of Alessio di Moritagni , heir to the Moritagni noble name as he walked the streets of Sonora , the grand capitol of Mystria. The city normally known for it's relaxed pleasureful air had been all abuzz since the revolution had begun in earnest , partisans rushing about grabbing up the remaining loyalist guards in the city , men giving impassioned speeches in plazas. Yet Alessio di Moritagni ignored such  things , for his focus was on one thing and one thing only , finding a recruiter. And it was as he walked with such purpose that he heard the sound of a scuffle in a nearby alley.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet Empty Re: And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 pm

Not so much a scuffle ass screaming bloody murder; an ill dressed gruff looking ruffian fled from the alley for the docks. He was screaming in pain which was understandable given that his head was on fire, but he did not scream for long as one only survives their head being on fire for a limited time; just long enough to sprint across the street in the ruffian's case, and surviving is a necessity to screaming. A moment latter, a man in a black long coat that was once clearly quite nice, but was now a bit worn and rugged looking, though not overly unclean by the standards of this place makes his way out of an alley; a black wooden staff grasped in one hand leaves no doubt to his role in the events that just happened. He seems to walk with a posture more often found in high society even if he no longer looks the part fully.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet Empty Re: And in such Austere circumstances , giants of the morrow meet

Post by LaChambirdie Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 am

"I say sirrah! If you wouldn't mind explaining that little grim spectacle?" Alessio declared with a concerned frown as a small crowd began to gather.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 am

"I take exception to having a gun aimed at me" Rookwood replied rather simply in his unmistakably Albion accent.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 pm

"Ah I see , that man was some manner of rake I presume then?" He replied with a sharp nod "All's well then cannot fault a gentleman for actions taken in self defense."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 pm

"No... you cannot" Rookwood said in the blunt manner like stating cold hard fact instead of acknowledging a choice on the other man's part; he had the bearing of a man who was entirely sure of himself one might consider it vanity or arrogance, yet he did not have the heir of a braggart, but instead one of a man rightly sure of himself and his abilities "Tell me have you seen a woman maybe... oh about twice your size?" he asked mildly concerned with finding his familiar. Despite their friendship having... suffered considerably over the last year he did still care about the big reckless braggart not that he would ever admit it; though he also reckoned she would be able to take care of herself for a while.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

"What?" He replied , thinking he hadn't heard correctly "Curse my deafening ears I don't seem to have heard you right?'
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

"Well technically a salamander" Rook said, and aware of how strange it sounds elaborated "My familiar, she tends to take the form of a woman about twice your size with height and bulk, darker skinned, red hair, really big axe... never mind you'd remember if you had seen her. What brings a gentleman to this side of town?" He asked curiously
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am

"I am on my way to a recruiter , I wish to fight in the cavalry for the army , gain a bit of renown." He replied with an enthusiastic smile.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 am

"Well now that is interesting; I'd imagine a real trained mage would be valuable to to such a force..." The Albion murmured, Estalios was not known for its magic prowess to say the least, and this being an Estallian colony he doubted they had any magic training facilities to rival those of his home, and he was skilled even for his home; a prodigy some might say. This might be a good place to start anew, maybe even work his way up to amass some actual wealth...
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

"You are a wizard of sorts?" He replied with an intrigued smile "Well if you'd like to see a recruiter you need only follow me to Gunnery Square."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am

"Artillery wizard, best in my class and that includes the instructing masters." Rook said none too humbly, but not in the manner of a braggart though less perceptive ears may take it as such, it was stated simply as one would state the time or weather. He did not acknowledge or thank the noble's offer, but followed them nonetheless.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 pm

"Oh are you? I could see that ." He nodded , the intrigue in his eyes growing "Your accent , you speak Mystrian with a sort of stiffness , are you from the North , Albion perhaps?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

He gave a nod, not really wishing to go into that, he simply said "I am"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Quickly he caught on and decided to pursue the subject no further "Well how are you liking our beautiful land of Mystria?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:21 pm

"It is..." He tried to think of something nice to say about it, and eventually decided on "It... has potential... once the savages are civilized or dealt with"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:34 pm

He raised a brow at that, a small frown of distaste forming at the man's rather rude words "You speak as though Albion doesn't have it's own good sir." He replied evenly, though his tone was a hint colder.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

"It doesn't have as many, this place is positively infested, I can see why you want Estalios gone, what good are they if they have done nothing to fix such a simple matter?" Rook mused not picking up on it; he was clearly not a people person
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 pm

"I am willing to forgive the utter insolence of your statement on the grounds that perhaps the customs of Albion are different , yet here me now my foreign friend , many here will not be so accepting of such statements."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

"I am not certain of what you mean?" Rook was not certain of where the accusation of insolence had come from "Do you not have troubles with the native tribes? The talk in albion suggested they were quite savage, and dangerous..."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

"The talk in Albion is rumors at best , rumors you'd do best not to speak on due to the fact that quite a number of the men you just passed by have 'savage blood' running through their veins."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

"I don't believe in savage blood" Rookwood said very bluntly with rare conviction "I believe that each of us can chose whether to be civilized or savage regardless of the blood in their veins." Which was very tolerant compared to most people, indeed many would call it naive
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm

" A noble view no doubt about it... And if it is an honest one than now is the best time to have it , after all this is a time of change as they say." He replied with a nod as they finally reached a large octagonal cobblestone square where gruff , blue uniformed guards could be seen keeping a large line to the recruitment office under control.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Rook walked right up passed the line; clearly as noble as some of his views may be he was still a dick "Are you looking for mages?" he asked one of the people keeping the line under control bluntly
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm

"We're not to talk while on guard sir" The gruff man said through his thick brown mutton chops , then quickly turned silent once more.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum