Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

+2
LaChambirdie
Koyu
6 posters

Page 18 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next

Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 18 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by KiloSasha Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:27 am

"And to you," Haemir responded to Epona, though didn't move to take her hand. He rarely does so. Ysabel gave Epona a subtle shake of her head. He has lived a long, good life; he does not need her sympathy.  His cold gaze flicked to Ysabel, as he demanded to know the cause of their coming here unannounced. Ysabel explained the story briefly, skipping out any details she knew he would deem unnecessary, as his patience can quickly run thin. There was no warmth between the exchange. No connection like one would expect between a father and his daughter.

~

Vesryn followed, deftly ensuring all the hidden blades on her person were still there: she brushed her legs together to feel the daggers strapped to her thigh and calf; loosed a deep breath to check the dagger tucked into her bodice; and finally the blade around the top of her arm, which was hidden by her baggy sleeve and was the easiest to get to. There were also sharp picks that held her hair, which could be used as weapons should she need them. A frown flickered over her face at the sight of so many citizens gathered around their little kingdom. They must be escaping their own kingdoms, she figured. Did they have enough room to house them?
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 18 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:53 am

Soon a representative stepped forth, an army captain who explained that the were refugees who had been ejected from the other kingdoms they attempted to join, and were just looking for a place to settle. Arden heard the man out, and listened to some struggles the people had face to which he was sympathetic of course, but more than that he saw the answer to his kingdom's problems in the refugees, the main problem being that it had not enough people to be taken seriously or defend itself, they needed these people as much as these people needed them, and so Arden informed them that he would not turn them away. He told the man he  should return to the group, and tell them they were welcome to settle land here, but he would need to take counsel, and decide what aid if any he could give them.
When the man returned to the group Arden turned to Vesryn "Well that's a big problem swapped out for a set of smaller ones, what do you think we can do for them? I imagine we can find a place for the soldiers, and the magically gifted, there are a couple ruins they could sleep in while they build homes, but we need to start thinking about how we can feed all these people."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 am

Lamb picks at his teeth as he watched the refugees from his position behind Arden, "Hunting and fishing are always options until you can get a good harvest in. Otherwise you could buy food from other kingdoms" he glances at Soren, who followed them out, then back at Arden, "also don't know if I'm allowed to tell you this but these ain't the only refugees, there's a bunch up in Red Cliff and a few of the friendlier mountain clans. Mostly smallfolk, but a smattering of soldiers and even a couple nobles if I remember correctly."

Soren grunts in agreement
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Lover : Your joking
Experience : 488
Location : Probably in a field some where. Honestly I'm not sure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 am

"Don't suppose you know if my sister made it out or not?" Arden asked his friend at the mention of more refugees
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:22 am

Lamb shrugs, "I didn't see her, but there's hundreds of refugees and only a handful of them where near Red Cliff, more where limping in all the time too"

Soren speaks up, "six hundred forty seven of your people on the mountains. Maybe eighty able to swing a blade among them. What was your sisters name?"
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:27 am

"We may need to organize trade routes between other kingdoms," Vesryn replied. With a small kingdom like theirs, they need as many allies as they can get. She gave Arden as sympathetic a look she could muster when he brought up his sister, which was really not all that great; she wasn't the most empathetic person in the world. But with everything she has heard about Arden's siblings, she knew them to be tough. She was sure his sister would be fine. Hoped so, for Arden's sake.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 am

"Deliah, I Don't know if she can swing a blade but she's on the smaller side rather diplomatic, and can pummel most warriors to a pulp with just her fists" Arden informed Soren, and shot lamb a grin "Isn't that right lamb?" he asked his friend recalling the time when she was ten, and a thirteen year old lamb tried to steal her sweet role at dinner. He then nodded at Vesryn, and gave his own idea "We should Send word to the mages, see if they can salvage the harvest this year, and ask for one of their apprentices with an incantation to preserve food, I don't think there's any way we can handle six hundred at this point though. Hopefully by next year we can salvage more farm land, then we'd be able to."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:43 am

Name Deliah Wolfblood
Age 18
Gender Female
Appearance an oddly petite, and atractive woman with lean muscle, and long black hair
Race Werewolf
Skills Hand to hand combat, Diplomacy, agility, strong, book smart, knows magic
Background Ardens sister the much more politically savvy of the two of the two.when her parents died a few years ago years ago Arden, who was at the time asumed to be her brother, and is still definitely related somehow happily allowed her to take the vast majority of their father's lands while he ran off to run around being a knight. She ended up ruling a good chunk of the eastern kingdom before its destruction. 
Equipment: Stuff

Last edited by The Lord Regent on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:50 am

Lamb grunts, "she's a pretty handy fighter I'll admit"

Soren nods, "my people can see to them for the winter at the least, though it may be a hungry one with that many r extra mouths"
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:05 am

"I appreciate it" Arden said to the barbarian "If you hear tell of my sister let me know, it'd be good to have her here, and I could use her skills"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Vesryn nodded in agreement. "We can organize hunting parties to ensure food is never scarce." Although she wasn't too sure how much game there would be available in such conditions. The ones that survived would all be hardy and difficult to kill. But she has Arden, so that doesn't matter.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Half Moon Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Epona looked saddened by him not taking her hand and she stood their confused as they did not share the warmth her and her deceased father had. She sighed deeply. "Should I leave the room?" she asked Ysabel.
Half Moon
Half Moon
Level 5

Race : Everything you can imagine
Lover : Nobody and everybody
Experience : 14872

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:58 pm

From the Crowd of refugees someone pushed their way forward, Vesryn could approximate her to be around three years younger than Arden, they shared some similar featured but she was around a foot, and a half smaller , and far less muscular than the big warrior. She wore a dress that may once have been elegant, but had been rendered torn, bloody, a covered in mud. Arden's eyes lit up when he saw her, and she tackle hugged the big warrior, which made him stagger back a bit. They hugged wordlessly  for a bit before he shot lamb a mischievous grin, she broke from the hug, and quickly pulled Lamb into a gentle headlock, which was slightly comical given how much bigger he was than her. "I thought you big apes had gone, and gotten yourselves killed!" She laughed, qa laugh of pure joy as she lightly noogied lamb ruffling his hair.
Arden couldn't help laughing as well "Guess it takes more than a few elves to kill apes like us, Shrimp" He said to his sister, as she noogied his best friend
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Ysabel's eyes were scanning the crowd, but she narrowed on the young woman who pushed her way to the front. She recognized her immediately - or rather her features. They were all too familiar, it was obvious to the elf what family she belonged to. Vesryn didn't laugh or so any signs of amusement about the younger girl's antics; she merely looked on curiously. The calculating glint in her eye returned.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Lamb literally just straightens and picks her up a foot off the ground with her still hanging from his neck, "yeah we missed you too Del." He sounds resigned but he's grinning slightly

Soren chuckles

(This is starting to shape up like the original. But this time I promise not to stick my hand in the sleeping dragon's mouth)
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Del grinned goofily as she hung from Lambs neck before noticing vesryn, and dropping off of the bigger warrior. "Deliah Wolfsblood" she introduced herself offering a hand for Vesryn to shake as she analyzed the Elven woman "Pleasure to make your acquaintance." she said cordially
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Soren clears his throat to get Arden's attention, "So little Wolf King, you say we plan on leaving tomorrow to seek allies for your kingdom. Who do you wish to visit first?" His eyes flick to Lamb, Ves and Del, "And will the pup, the knight of lambs and Mistress Vesryn be coming along?"
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 pm

(I like how he insults everyone except ves, that is a smart move)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:21 pm

(Well Lamb's and Arden's are kinda signs of respect, Wolf King and Knight of the Lambs. They're kinda like the fancy things they give people for accomplishing great feats (ie wyrmslayer) (whats the word for those by the way?), at least in his mind. Del's is just ignorance, and she's young and a werewolf, so he considers her a pup)
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:30 pm

(tittles, anyway i'll let ves answer)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:34 pm

(Okay, but I thought there was a special word for them, I always want to say epitaphs but I'm almost certain that's wrong)
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:30 am

"Vesryn," The elven woman introduced herself, taking the younger girl's hand to shake when she offered it, though after a moment's pause. Her hands wouldn't be smooth, but pockmarked and calloused. "Likewise." Usually Vesryn would ignore a handshake, because, well, it's her, but she didn't wish to appear rude to this girl. Her eyes flicked to Soren when he spoke up, and she dropped Deliah's hand. "I will be accompanying him." It was not a request; she will be coming one way or another.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 am

"Me too"Deliah piped up  cheerfully. She had a soft, cheerful expression on her face which belied the fact that she was conducting much the same analysis, of Vesryn, and Soren, as Vesryn was conducting of everyone.

"It seems we're all going then." Arden said with a nod. "I'll write up instructions for Rowan tonight." Rowan was to his mind the most level headed, and trustworthy option of those staying behind.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:13 am

Vesryn had her focus mainly on Deliah, though she was still keeping tabs on everyone in her peripheral vision. From what she has heard, Vesryn knew the girl to be strong, she would be a tough opponent. She wondered just how good; perhaps they could spar together on the road. But she'd also be a beneficial ally. The girl doesn't seem to question her being an elf, at least there was no hint of animosity from Deliah's expression or body language. And the question of what she thinks of Vesryn's being her brother's wife also intrigued her.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by GameHound Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:51 am

Lamb looks back and forth between the two women, both of them eyeing each other

Soren nods, "very well then"
GameHound
GameHound
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next