Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

+2
LaChambirdie
Koyu
6 posters

Page 8 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next

Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 8 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Vesryn took in a deep breath, before loosing it through her clenched teeth. Her chest heaved; pain from the fire radiated up her left side, which was the main cause that spurred her next actions. She returned her grip on the mage's mind once more, blasting through enough pain to send a grown man to his knees and blubbering like a baby.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 8 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:39 pm

He falls to a knee "There is a special place in the underworld for you, Traitorous bitch!!"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Vesryn tilted her head, like a wild cat surveying its meal. "I know," Was all she said, her voice held no venom, just acceptance. She had accepted her fate long ago. She took a few steps towards him, relieving him of his agony, before she dragged the blade across his throat, from ear to ear.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Arden returned downstairs frowning intensely, something up there had clearly affected him deeply as he spat on the dying battle mage. and kicked him hard in the face before life left him. "These sick fucks..." was all he said as he sat and watched the army of undead fall to disarray
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:50 pm

the mage flips him off as he dies.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:54 pm

"What did you find?" Vesryn asked. The lack of fighting she had heard from the tower worried her greatly, but Arden's expression and actions increased this emotion a hundred fold.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 pm

"Go take a look at our necromancer up there" Arden said, he didn't mean anything by it, but his tone was made bitter, as if he had found something very distasteful up there.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Vesryn tilted her head in confusion and concern, but she made her way up the tower nonetheless, stomach twisting in trepidation. A sharp intake of breath as she looked upon what they had done. What her people had done. Monsters. The skeletal humans lay, devoid of life. Her eyes flitted around each and every prone life form, the now severed bonds that had held them in place, forcing them to do the hard work. But she was one of these, these monsters. No matter how far she ran from her own race, no matter how many of her people she killed, she would never escape them. Every time she would see her reflection, she would be reminded of what her people had done. What she had done. She lowered herself to her knees, jaw slack and eyes fixated on the scene before her, as if she were in a trance. How could Arden ever look her in the eye now, knowing what she had done? No... "It wasn't me," She whispered to herself. She repeated it louder, before her head dropped to her lap and she wrapped her arms around her head, fingers tugging painfully at her scalp. "It wasn't me!" It was her people, yes, but she had seen the error of her ways. Too bad all her past actions now came to haunt her.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:30 pm

When arden heard vesryn yell he was quick to run up the stairs, he pushed aside his brooding. Vesryn, his love was his primary concern, He didn't see her as a monster, and to him this had nothing to do with her, as he knew she was no monster, which to him was still irrefutable proof that not all elves are monster. "It wasn't you my love" Arden said softly as he reached the top of the tower. He had a seat next to Vesryn and gently put a hand on her shoulder saying. "No one can hold you responsible for deeds of others that you could have never prevented. I still believe you're a good person Ves, I know you, and this her is not you. You didn't do this, the people we killed did"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Vesryn heard him coming. But she didn't get up, or move from her position on the ground. "It was my people..." She whispered, before shaking her head. "No... No. They are not my people." She practically spat these words out. They were monsters... she hadn't quite reached that level just yet. She could feel his warm hand. Comforting. Supportive. She didn't deserve it. Stop it. She was different, she would get through this. She could not make excuses or feel guilt for something she did not do. No. She was strong. She loosed a sigh, before raising her head to look at the awful thing laid out before her, before she tore her gaze away to look at Arden. "Thank you," She said, though the words were barely audible.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 pm

"You know ves today is a good day, the only thing that's changed since yesterday is we saved the people in that castle" Arden said after a bit as he looked up at the sky, putting his arm around her. "You shouldn't dwell on what these people did"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:12 pm

She smiled softly, nothing more than a gentle upturning of her lips. She leaned her head against his shoulder, and shut her eyes, blocking out the world until all that existed was Arden and her. That's all she needed.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm

(so... who wants to play the high king?)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:51 am

(Me then)
As the pair watched the castle the high king rallied what was left of the local guard and militia against the now disorganized undead hordes. Wulnir was clearly an experienced leader, capable of leading, and Inspiring, as the undead were trampled by his forces with inferior numbers but superior organization in less than an hour, though he was an old man, easily sixty he was capable, and lead from the front. It was fortunate Wulnir had brought his court wizard with him to his meeting with the late king Ivar, the wizard had sensed the dark magic coming from the tower, and had also sensed when it stopped. Wulnir deduced that it must be where the necromancer was hiding, and that something must have happened, perhaps the fiend was slain. When the undead had all fallen Wulnir took a small party of riders to investigate the watch tower, where by now Arden and the others had made camp on the lower floor.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:40 am

Vesryn had remained quiet since they had discovered the bodies, though rage glinted in her eye. That what she did: she concentrated all grief, all sadness, guilt, horror, into pure undiluted rage. It would give her strength. And it would mean her gaze wouldn't be blurred by something stupid like tears. But it also meant she was more bitter, and snapped quicker when a question or a statement was directed at her. She stood at the sound of people coming towards them, blades at the ready, as she stepped out from the tower to investigate.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Arden stood and followed Vesryn outside of the tower as he heard riders approaching headed by an old man, who was built much like himself, if a few inches shorter. The man dismounted and rather informally for a high king introduced himself "I am high king Wulnir, A take it you are to think for putting a stop to the foul magic that had come over this land?" He made no comment on Vesryn being an elf, it was not his way to insult those who had aided him so thoroughly. "I am Sir Arden of the eastern lands" Arden made to give a bow, but Wulnir held up a hand to show it was not necessary "I knew your father the king he was a close friend." The king looked around "I don't imagine he survived the massacre of the east if he is not with you.", Arden shook his head in reply, so the king was beyond a doubt his father... that was a lot to digest but now was not the time. "He died from an arrow to the back" arden said, at which the high king spat upon the ground disgusted by the cowardly murder of such an honorable man. "He deserved better, but he always spoke highly of you. I forget my manners though who are you?" he asked turning to vesryn
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Vesryn stood slightly in front of Arden protectively, though she was very much out numbered should it come to violence. However, they had shown no threat as of yet, and her blades were now lowered to her sides. Though, the fact that she still hadn't sheathed them showed how much she trusted them. She was quiet while Arden and the king spoke, gaze firmly set on the group. She was somewhat taken aback he hadn't called her out for being what she was, and even more so when he asked her to introduce herself. However, this caused some turmoil in her mind, as she wondered if she should inform him of her full title. She didn't want to be connected to her family name, but it was probably necessary. "I am Vesryn," she said, all pride her voice would have previously contained when she stated her full title now gone. "Vesryn Faelar."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:02 pm

"Well it's certainly good to meet you" Wulnir chuckled seeing she still had her blades out, but turned to face Arden. The two talked for quite a while, the two traded information about the state of the east, the elves, and politics, the king briefly introduced himself to Rowan, and Morina thanking them for their aid,, yet he continued to focus on Arden, with the questions he prodded Arden's character, and when he was satisfied he spoke. "King Ivar was the last of his line, and all those who would be regent are dead as well. You are much like your father, honorable , and competent enough, not to mention I owe you a debt and for those reasons I Grant you Ivar's lands, and title, it is a betty kingdome, Even more so now, but it will give you the authority to support me in uniting the kingdoms against the elves."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:46 pm

"And you," She replied simply, making no effort to bow. Even if he hadn't shown dislike to bowing at this moment, she wouldn't have anyway. Her pride simply doesn't allow it. She was thoughtful during their conversation, though remained poised for anything should misfortune befall them. Pride swelled in her chest at Arden's new land, and she stole a brief glance towards the man in question with a gentle smile. She tried not to think of the fact that Arden was gaining new land, and Vesryn was loosing hers.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:04 am

(I want to do a brief time skip at the end of which Arden Proposes to Vesryn. Followed by a big one)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:49 am

(Okay dokey. You or me?)
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:55 am

(can you do this one i'm skipped out? basically the king and arden talk some more, then the king takes his leave and they take some time to settle into the rather mundane castle)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:27 pm

A while later that just consisted of the king and Arden's conversation, Vesryn had completely zoned out, staring off into the distance, while pondering what her fate would be while Arden gains a rank of power. She dragged her attention away from her thoughts when the king made his leave, and the group headed off to the castle. It wasn't as exciting as she had thought, but she wasn't sure what she was expecting. It seems levels of comfort decreases the farther north you travel. It seemed they constructed their buildings for practical reasons rather than luxury. But it would mean a roof over her head and a warm bed so she couldn't complain. She congratulated Arden on his new gift on the way there, of course. Usually she wouldn't bother, but she truly felt a sense of pride for him. He deserved it. He deserved more than she could give him.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Arden seemed a bit shocked by the ordeal after the king had taken his leave, as the whole thing was rather sudden, he didn't know how to be king... he did not know the lands either, he supposed that was a start. His first order had been to one of the castle scribes within minutes of arriving, to give him a full report of the surrounding lands. He also ordered of the servants that spare blankets not in use by castle staff be given to that fraction of the village who had lost their homes but managed to find shelter in the castle instead of being killed, as well as daily food ration distribution for the time being, fortunately the castle had stored quite a bit of food. Thankfully there were few so he was able to temporarily house them in a part of the castle until a more permanent solution was found. His final order for the moment was for morina and rowan to help the wounded as best they could. When that was done, and everyone was at work he turned to vesryn, and smiled a bit she could tell it was coming naturally to ho him "You know..." he said after a moment "they say the best king and queens cover each others weaknesses." he said trying to be casual
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Morina happily skipped off to care for the wounded, glad she could be of use again.

~

Vesryn didn't get involved with Arden's orders as the castle flooded with people keeping themselves busy with various tasks. She just stood there somewhat awkwardly, feeling she should be helping but didn't know what to do. She turned to him when he spoke, quite glad it had calmed down a bit. She arched a brow as he started, but as he continued her expression softened, her lips parted slightly. Is he really insinuating what she thought he was? She had to be sure. "Is that so?" She asked very carefully, slowly. She supposed they both did do that; she was less trusting than him, and he would ensure she wouldn't scare away potentially wise allies. Among others.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next