Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War of the forest

4 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

War of the forest Empty War of the forest

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 am

Velika had arrived in Chicago a few days before all the trouble began, she had been here searching for an ancient fey artifact that gave them power over the forest and its creatures. She could always just march her people in there and take it but that may be costly, and after some reconnaissance of the fey's setup and location she had a more devious idea that would protect her own people. The fey clan in the woods near chicago bordered a good sized werewolf clan; such beasts are easily manipulated into violence. Her plan began once she had thoroughly scouted out the area with her cultists. Once she had the forest scouted and a backup plan formed Velika entered the minds of each and every werewolf of the pack as they slept and implanted the idea that the nearby fey clan was infringing upon their woods, and that it was an act of disrespect that but all the pack's territory in danger. Oh yes she knew just how to get  the man-beasts riled up and ready to kill. When the leader of the pack awoke he was in wolf form frothing with rage at the transgressions he and the rest of the pack now perceived, with a might howl he called the rest of the pack to him to begin their war against the fey. The Pack set out for the fey settlement with the intent of bloody murder.

(kilo i need you to do the fey settlement IE how it is constructed and what they are doing)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

War of the forest Empty Re: War of the forest

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46 am

The fey population is mostly concentrated in the centre of the large forest, where the biggest and oldest trees are situated, however the fey can be spread out farther from this. Trees and their branches have been magically manipulated to form basic house shapes high off the ground to avoid predators lurking beneath. Ropeways and wooden bridges connect each construction to allow the fey to pass between them easily. Fireflies and other bioluminescent creatures or plants offer a light source, limited as it may be. The occasional rope and pulley lift system dot the place for any visitors, however they are rather rare due to obvious reasons. A group of fey, both male and female, were just returning from a hunt, carrying with them berries and fruits scavenged from the foliage, as well as a buck that could feed the colony for a week. Due to this, everyone was preparing for a meal. Velika and her people had been spotted a few times, and some were questioned, but the fey were all pretty chill and were convinced that no one would wish to hurt them because they were no threat to anyone, and were all just adorable.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Unfortunately for their adorable asses a storm of merciless teeth and claws was headed their way. It started with those on the ground, they didn't run immediately when they saw them because the werewolves were typically their rather grateful allies, it was only when they closed in that it became clear their intentions were hostile they swept across the ground beneath the tree, merciless catching and ripping apart some fey returning from berry gathering. Screams rang out from the ground bellow, and some werewolves began climbing the great tree to get to the few at various levels, to those they caught they showed no mercy.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm

A panic swept the trees, as shouts and yells of people to escape erupted. Many took off immediately, bundling young children or precious possessions in their arms. However, many stayed behind, to rain arrows down on the savage pack. They remained high up in the trees, flitting between trees as the wolves began climbing them.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:24 pm

The pack were skilled at hunting as a team and while they took down a couple wolves they were soon blind sided by a group that had stealthily climbed up behind them in human form and massacred in close combat, as the wolves swarmed the tree only those who sought shelter in the center of the great tree would survive the night, any satellite homes were broken into their inhabitants slaughtered, in some the children were left alive, but in others they too were slaughtered by wolves with less control, those who tried to hide were sniffed out, and those who tried to run relentlessly chased down.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Seeing how many were being so easily slaughtered, some of the left overs simply flee away. They remains of a once prosperous people would need to find shelter somehow, and so they found their way into the city. A lot of them had lived in the forest their entire lives and so they were not aware of the extreme prejudice against them. Moura watched the massacre from afar, mouth slack in horror. There were so many bodies, so much blood. How could this happen? They have done nothing to enrage their previous allies. Perhaps it had been due to another party's input then, to convince them to destroy their home. And destroy they did. Silent tears dripped from her chin, as she stared at the place she had for so long called home. It had been the only place she had ever felt at home, and it was rich with happy memories for her. And now, there was nothing. She needed to find help, for someone to explain why this had happened or to help prevent this from happening to any other fey colony. So that's exactly what she did.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:51 pm

By morning perhaps a fifth of the fey had survived as the village elder had used her magic to seal the center of the great tree protecting all who happened to have fled into it. The night was awful for those inside as screams and she sounds of claws scraping against bark trying to get in ruled the night. Those inside huddled together in fear, there was the feeling the wolves would break in any moment, but come morning the wolves were gone, seeing they could not get through they would retreat for now, while the village elder an ancient woman with sharp features long white hair and skin that had grown wrinkled (a trait nearly unheard of among fey)  called an assembly of the six other adult fey that remained at the top of the great tree, before they took time to deal with the blood and corpses that littered the tree they needed to attend to the living.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Moura was included in those that returned.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

The Ancient fey and the others convened in a circular room built into the top of the tree with ten seats in which the now deceased council used to convene. When all were seated the elder spoke, while other fey seemed absolutely devastated she had a grim yet calm aura "The events of last night were tragic; most of out clan wiped out in a single night. But now as the last adults of the clan we must choose whether to abandon our home before the wolves strike again or to seek a solution to this problem"

"What choice do we have we can't withstand another night like that!" Cried one of the younger fey males clearly everyone was devastated and in fear
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 pm

"We don't have many solutions, the wolves are much stronger than us, and they're unpredictable," Moura said.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

"We cannot fight the wolf men, but I sense that the wolves are not in their right mind; that there is dark magic behind their aggression."  she said, raising her hand and speaking as the others attempted to protest and continued "I am not knowledgeable in such curses, but there is a wizard who lives in a cabin not far from here, perhaps we could seek his help"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:29 pm

"What can he do?" SHe asked.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

"I know little of him, but If there's anyone who could  help us with an issue of dark magic it's a wizard" The elder said to the others
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

"Perfect. Where is he?"
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm

The elder informed moura his his home was to the north at the foot of the mountains, and asked her to go while the others tended to the dead for now
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Moura happily left because she wasn't too keen on remaining around the bodies for much longer. So she made her way towards said wizard, hoping he could do something to help.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Meanwhile Finn was napping under a tree in a grove not far from his home while kari was probably chasing squirrels or something dealing with her canine side, he was going full wizard today with brown robes and a pointy hat; since his house was strategically placed behind several illusions and wards created by the fey that ensured no hunters would make it this far. In case it wasn't oblivious enough he was a wizard though he had his staff propped up against the tree near him  as he slept peacefully.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Finn would then get an unpleasant wakeup call due to the sound of a woman screaming as she was chased away by Kari.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Fin gave a calm yawn at first, it took him a second to process the scream, when he did his eyes shot open and he scrambled to his feet, grabbing his staff in case someone was in danger. He ran to investigate the sound.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Kari had chased Moura up a tree. Her head snapped to Finn at the sound, looking his garb up and down. "You must be the wizard! Please, we need your help!"
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:09 pm

"Bad kari cut it out" Finn said and gave a weary sigh as he saw kari had  chased yet another fey up a tree, she was well and truly a menace. "My help? With kari you mean? you can come sown from there now." he was still waking up and also had no idea what happened to the fey, the wizard gave a bit of a yawn due to the waking up thing.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Kari trotted over to Finn's side, tongue lolling out of her mouth because she had been running about so much and was now overheating. Moura warily hopped out of the tree. "No... there were werewolves, they slaughtered my people. We don't know why, can you help us?" Moura was still evidently very shaken from witnessing the entire thing, and understandably so.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:22 pm

"My condolences but you want me to find out why? I'm a wizard not a psycho analyst. Have there been signs of aggression from them before? They can be territorial." Finn had no idea there was dark magic at work as he had not been near them, and Moura failed to mention it
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Our village elder believes it has something to do with dark magic," she explained.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:34 pm

"Oh well that makes more sense then, we'll see what we can do take us there" From the "Us" Kari could tell finn was going to drag her along to go do things
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next