Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello People of the Interwebs

4 posters

Go down

Hello People of the Interwebs Empty Hello People of the Interwebs

Post by Nakara Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:22 am

Hello I'm Nakara if I had to describe myself the first word that comes to mind is "quiet" but the words arrogant stubborn and anxious are also there, now on to my good points... right... anyways lets move on. This site looks very interesting and I look forward to creating my character and joining the community here. Beyond that I have a few suggestions for the site if you would like to hear them, if not just pretend I never said anything(one of my personal pet peeves is new people on a site coming in and giving a ton of unwanted suggestions so I would like to avoid being that person).

Nakara
Level 1

Experience : 4

Back to top Go down

Hello People of the Interwebs Empty Re: Hello People of the Interwebs

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello, and welcome to turning supernatural, we'd be happy to here any suggestions you have
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi, Nakara!
Silver
Silver
Level 1

Race : Angel
Lover : None
Experience : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello, I am the owner of TS. I know that I'd be more than happy to here any suggestions you might have. And I'm gonna guess Fang would too Smile!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Race : God
Experience : 266

https://turningsupernatural.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakara Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Alright then I'll try to start with more objective things and move towards more subjective things as I go and put them in a list for reading convenience.

1.Typo in demons description "same if that they dabble in DM (Dark Magic)" should be "same is that they dabble in DM (Dark Magic)" not really a suggestion its just bugging me

2. In the rules it is stated that only one of a persons characters can have a high rank and several example ranks are listed there but no full list of ranks or explanation of their meaning is can be found anywhere on the site to go with the rule.

3. Similar to the last one references to blood/dark/light magic are plentiful but a description of what exactly any of them do is missing which is rather confusing since while the names give the general idea the details do matter for example you say blood magic makes magic stronger in one post but does that mean it can use all the same spells as LM and DM just stronger in exchange for blood, or completely different ones that can be optionally strengthened using blood? Also what about the 4 elements are they separate things entirely or do they fall under these 3 systems(or usable by all 3?).

4. A more detailed explanation of each of the races would also be nice as well as the strengths/weaknesses of each because they can vary quite a bit depending on the source material. Many works and the original myths for example say iron is poisonous to pretty much anything supernatural but is that the case here? Powers of each specific race vary depending on the work, in many stories vampires can transform into mist, bats, or wolves while in others they can not transform at all. Clarification on these small points would be nice imo and looking at the classes topic I feel I'm not the only one wondering about these details.

5. Sevral of the classes feel more like personality traits of the charcters than actual classes per se(Cold-Blooded, Justice, Dark, Monster, and Kyll to be specific Devious being borderline but working as a class if one assumes they are better at using magic to trick people than the other classes) Also it could just be me but I'm not quite sure what the traits of the predator/searcher classes are.

6. Your classes really aren't as bad as you make them sound imo aside from whats mentioned in the previous point, that said I think some of them could have better names, Lover > Succubus/Incubus, Traitor > Fallen Angel, Devious > Trickster... Yeah this is that subjective part I mentioned earlier

7. Lack of history section in the character sheets. I'll be honest I'm really torn about this one because to a certain extent I see why this would be left off in this particular roleplay but then I see a character like Fangs who obviously has an established backstory and I really, really want to read more about it :/ possibly just me being selfish here but I like history sections at any rate

And now I feel like a terrible person now so I'm gonna go hide in a corner until I feel a little bit less like a hypocrite... maybe I'll work on my character sheet while I'm there too.

Nakara
Level 1

Experience : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:45 pm

That's quite a list of very good suggestions \questions I'm also curious about
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:15 pm

1. Gah, I knew I shouldn't have done it at 1 am with exactly .5 hours of sleep, stupid typos... FIXED

2. I kinda copied the rules from my Warrior Cat site, and I thought that I changed it, but I guess not... Oops... FIXED

3. Well, BM, LM, and, DM are explained in the classes. Magic used by DM in dark places is stornger than when used in light. Vice versa for LM. BM uses your own blood to strengthen spells, but some spells need greater amouts of blood than others. Also, what's this about elements? I don't remember adding elements, I try to stay away from that because of stats.

4. Also, the strengths/weaknesses of each Supernatual depends on what the person wants their strengths/weaknesses to be. (This is why there is strengths and weaknesses in the character sheet...)

5. Predators are Nekomini that are part of an animal that is a carnivore (hence being called predators... e.g. part wolf, bear, shark, along those lines.) Searchers on the other hand are Nekomini that are part of a prey animal (e.g. bunny, mouse, deer. I didn't want to call it "Prey" so I called it "Searcher".) Also, at the bottom I asked for suggestions. Those classes were the only thing I could come up with at the time. And even now I have no new ideas. Each class needs to have 3 so i just put that down for now. Please give suggestions if you have any.

6. Eh, I suck at names, The most creative name I've ever come up with is Nekomini. Heh, heh...

7. I really don't like History sections in RPs. The reason being is that in every RP site that has it it says something like "has to be at least 5 sentences" (One time it had to be 500 words for both the bio and history, 1,000 words total) and all of my characters are usually really young (never ha a character over 17 before) and I have a hard time coming up with bios and history. So I don't know about adding one.... I guess I'll see what other people think. VOTING!

And yes, please work on your character sheet I want to RP with you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:43 pm

,I think for 3 she means what can mages do with magic,
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

I was actually wondering that myself, are there different themes, or disciplines within each class, or is it the same magic with a different power source, also how much can a mage do with magic?
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 am

Well, right now its the same magic, but I am thinking about having varying types of magic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 am

Sounds like a good idea
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent