Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Class

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Class - Page 2 Empty Re: First Class

Post by KiloSasha Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 am

Niamh was sitting, utterly absorbed in perhaps the oldest book Arthur, in fact probably everyone in the school -save for a few she was aware of- , had ever seen. It was discoloured with age, with pieces of Parchment and more modern paper added on for she had long since ran out of room. Despite this, it was evidently very well cared for, cherished even. Footsteps reached her ears, and her head snapped up, directly at Arthur, who was very clearly striding towards her. Upon seeing him, she slammed the book shut, forcing some dust to rise from its depths. She stood just as quickly. "Mr Caldwell," the words leapt from her mouth. He would notice, perhaps, the look of guilt on her face, as if he had caught her doing something he should not have. The look disappeared as she cleared her throat, and settled instead on a cool look of feigned surprise. "Can i help you?"
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:02 pm

"Well yes, if you wouldn't mind, I mean to ask if you can help me get to know you better." He replied smoothly, tone casual "Can I sit here?" He questioned, leaning a hand on the table, an all too charming smile on his sun tanned face.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Her eyes followed his hand. Returned to his face. "I am not sure that will be appropriate," she said. His smile was disarming and bright. Just as she remembered. It was a test of will on her part to not pull him into the biggest bear hug.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

"Hmn, well I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable of course, just the way you described all those digs you've been on, it sounded fascinating. I couldn't resist approaching to see if I could talk a little more, but I'll back off if you like." He replied, pearly whites still flashing in a warm all too persuasive grin. Now that he was stuck in it, he'd managed to shake off his nerves, it was just like talking to any other beautiful, fascinating, brilliant girl..nothing to get nervous about right?
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

"Well, what would you like to know about them?" She asked. That was innocent enough. She was just jumping to conclusions. Yeah. This will be easy. Probably not. How long until he graduates?
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Taking that as his invitation he sat down across from her, leaning his arms on the table "Well the most obvious one is, what's the first dig you ever went on?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm

His question elicited a hint of a smile. She wasn't sure if she could remember that far back. "Hmmm... I think my first was uncovering an ancient tomb in Ireland. When it was built, there was a hole in the top that lined up perfectly with the winter solstice around 3200 BC. Unfortunately it no longer does."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am

"Huh" Was the slow reply, for a moment Arthur's eyes seemed clouded, his expression ever so slightly confused as he felt some strange feeling of nostalgia at the mention of it . Realizing he must look rather strange he shook it off, smile returning to his face "Right an ancient Irish tomb, 3600 BC quite a timestamp that, I wonder how they built such wonders, how they could so easily match their buildings with those kinds of dates and events. Now you can just google the winter solstice but, they didn't even have writing at the time and were still so accurate." He mused a genuine sense of sincere wonder in his tone as he did so "By the way, I didn't want to assume because of the accent but, you're from Ireland right?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 pm

"I am, yes." She said, glancing back down at the chair she was on before she sat in it again. "Do sit. The tomb, or perhaps temple is more fitting, was built in pre-Christian Ireland, where the majority of the population practised Celtic polytheism. It would have taken years of work and precise planning, especially since it was built without the use of metal."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Arthur nodded "Incredible, all those people united in one goal, so precise, requiring such coordination, a real example of the strange beauty of the past. To imagine so many dedicating their time to such acts in an era where the next meal wasn't guaranteed."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 am

"Exactly. It's what I love about archaeology. The ability to put yourself in the shoes of someone who lived millennia ago, and discover how they lived." Or to reminisce on past lives. A touch of sadness reached her eyes.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 am

Arthur's head titled to the side a bit , eyebrows raising slightly "There something wrong?" He questioned, a slight pang in his chest at the sight of her sad eyes.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 am

"No," She replied quickly. "Nothing. Did you want to ask anything else?"
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 pm

"Well now I know your first dig, but what was the one with the most impact? And what about it captivated you?" It was clear what he was doing, he was trying to get a read on her..He couldn't help it, she was intelligent, and eloquent, and goddamn beautiful. He had to try, even if it did make him feel a bit like a shithead.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

The one with the most impact. The words reverberated around her mind: the answer was easy. It dropped to her tongue immediately, and tried to pry its way from her lips. But she sealed them, locked it away. It was not the time, not yet. "Oh, I am not sure about that," She lied. "Each one pose their own challenges. Each are captivating in different ways."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:48 pm

"Hmmn, alright I'll keep that in mind." He didn't know why, but something felt off about the way she had said that, she seemed to be holding something back. Not that she had to explain if she didn't want to.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:51 am

"Indeed." She briefly glanced to the right. Her body itched to break this awkwardness between them. She knew him, but at the same time she didn't. She would have to learn his new likes, new dislikes, new life. Maybe this time she would not fit into his, even after he graduates. She had always feared this would happen. It was irrational though, she knew. He would always feel something missing. As would she. She focused back on him. "There is a trip next week in Oregon to visit the Greaser Petroglyph Site. Are you going?"
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:21 pm

A fair colored brow raised as he ran the name through his brain, trying to rack up any memory. A spark of light entered his eyes as he nodded quickly "Yes yes, it's in the immediate area so no real problem with travel and all" He replied with a small smile "Gotta be honest I never have really paid much attention to native history in general. Just didn't really seem all that interesting to me outside of western flicks, though there's a deadly pang of white guilt in my chest from admitting it." He noted dryly as he turned to look outside "Shit it's getting late, really wish I could stay and talk longer but I gotta hit the gym and if I don't keep at it all the late night junk food will start getting to me." He remarked, hopping up out of his seat and securing his backpack across his shoulders "I really enjoyed the talk though, let's do it again sometime?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:14 pm

"Indeed. It is important to lean about other cultures. Broadens the mind and all that." She dropped her gaze momentarily. Returned to looking at him. "Yes. Let's. Enjoy the gym."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:06 pm

And with a wave and a warm smile he quickly made his way out of the cafe, nerves slowly beginning to return as he quickly began to reflect on what just happened.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 pm

(wanna skip to the outing?)
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:51 pm

(yeah u gonna take da lead on this?)
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 pm

A bus was scheduled to arrive at the university campus at 6am the morning of the trip. Niamh was there early with a list to tick off everyone who had decided to go, but knew that of course as they were all students, there will be some who slept in. Despite herself, she hoped Arthur would come. She banished this thought from her head. She could not think of such things.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 pm

And just as she banished it he was there, rings around his eyes from study. Yet a certain brightness in his eyes.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Her body reacted independantly of her mind and of all she knew was right. As soon as her eyes cast upon him, warmth swelled her chest and her heart fluttered ever so softly.  The sudden change of countenance, from tired yet self controlled stillness, to an almost childlike brightness that filled her, surely drew observant eyes. Part of her cared not: the rest cared too much. And suddenly the reminder that this moment was fleeting, that those surrounding her would live and die and she would fade from memories. She could do what she liked. This was a silly thought, she knew. Infantile. She was old enough to know better. This life mattered just as much as the rest, and she could not waste it by pursuing someone she could not. At least, not yet.
Arthur was ushered into the bus alongside the other students. When all arrived and all had taken their seats, they were off.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next