Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderbird will do just fine.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thunderbird will do just fine. Empty Thunderbird will do just fine.

Post by The Lord Regent Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:19 pm

When Flynt returned from a relatively chill shift of personal training and being ogled by his boss that ran from afternoon to late at night today he found Daniel home sitting at the shitty motel table of the shitty motel desk, looking pale, and working off the cap on a twist off bottle of "Thunderbird" the cheapest wine at the store, but with a high alcohol content. As far as he had seen Daniel never drank, and was ussually out working this time of night. He'd stop in a bit later for supper ussually with something sweet for desert or a sugary beverage of some kind, and head out to sleep who knows well; always with a cheerful smile. Daniel did not wear a cheerful smile today, and he didn't even look up at flynt when he walked in; just went about pouring himself a dixie cup of shitty wine.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Thunderbird will do just fine. Empty Re: Thunderbird will do just fine.

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm

On a normal evening, when flynt came in he moved with a sort of manic speed, shedding any burdens of the day, swiftly changing into something just a bit more comfortable before beginning the process of making dinner. Every step was filled with a sense of urgency, of purpose, and a slight sense of paranoia, as though everything needed to be done in the minimal amount of time. This time though he never started ".....One of the ladies reject you a little too hard?" He asked with a sympathetic smile as he put a hand on his little brothers shoulder.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:50 pm

"No... nothing like that..." Daniel said as he stared into the drink he had poured, but not actually drinking. He took several moments to think before throwing the cup's worth of alcohol down his throat like a cannon ball... at which point he started coughing "Holy shit this stuff tastes like gasoline." he said, and the drink certainly smelled like it. Maybe he should have gone for the second cheapest wine, he thought to himself and coughed a bit more before continuing. "I met other fae today... that famous circus that came to town, well it's made entirely of them. I wanted to talk to them after, and I did. I know that the way I act isn't normal for a human sometimes, and I wanted to know if there was anything... good about the species I was born of, and... they're just what you said they were. None of them would spare even a second to explain anything or help me out, and if they're this apathetic towards one of their own species coming to them for help, it's pretty easy to see how they don't put real stock in human lives..." Daniel refilled his glass, everything he had heard or now seen about the species he came from indicated they were complete shit, so he wondered, deep down could he be any different.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 pm

As soon as he was done talking he felt a tiny sting of pain on his face as flynt promptly flicked him on the nose "...I was captured by the fae, kidnapped for ten years, made into something else, something not human." He began, fists clenching ever so slightly out of pure reflex" But even I know not every single one of them is bad, sure...most of them are amoral myopic self centered narcissistic bastards who ought to be gutted with cold iron and left to rot facedown in a ditch......But not all of them...and definitely not you."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Daniel glanced up at his brother turning to face him. That wasn't what Flynt had told him before so Daniel requested "Tell me about them then... the other ones who aren't amoral I mean." and shuddered again before setting the cup down. "Jesus how do people drink that?" he wondered as he put a cork on the foul smelling concoction, the demographic it catered to as best he could tell was people with no money, taste, or sense of smell who wanted to get drunk fast, and didn't care too much if they lost a kidney in the process.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Oh hell, he was gonna need to sit down for this. Reaching a long arm over to the 'dinner table'  he grabbed himself one of the small wooden chairs and plopped down with a thump. He did not want to talk about this, at all...Memory was a beautiful thing, but oh so painful, and for every honey sweet memory he had of camaraderie, of wonder, of the strange alien beauty that one could encounter in Arcadia . There were six others of loss, of the clawing emptiness that clawed in his chest, of the fear that kept his muscles tense and his head aching, and had him peering over his shoulder. Memories of cold porcelain faces, of eyes that burned like brands deep into his very essence, of smiles that made bile rise in his throat and tears near his eyes. And every time, every goddamn time he started thinking about it they'd all come back no matter how hard he'd tried, they made him feel raw, and deeply angry and oh so alone, like a child flailing out in obstinate rage at everything until he fell on his ass sobbing.

Worst of all they made him feel  so very weak. For all his muscle, for all his deadly strength, the coiled up power that sat waiting in him, the eyes like a big cat, he felt weak when he thought about those times. Soft, feeble and easily thrown down, with knees that turned to jelly when his master's gaze turned on him, and he hated that, he hated that he'd been that...that at the end of the day he had been weak, he had been broken, and he'd never be allowed to forget it. No...no, now wasn't the time to get caught in the quagmire, Daniel needed him, he could see it in his eyes. The burning desire to feel that he wouldn't be doomed, that there were people like him who weren't evi, to hear the good memories. So he forced it back, forced down the bile, dammed up the tears and he began to speak and his words painted a tapestry "....The most magnificent of them? They...they were like gods, or angels, not because they were strong, not because they could do things you'd think impossible. But because they were beautiful, oh so very beautiful , their faces, their limbs, their voices, when you're around them you can't help but feel... magnetized. Can't help but want them to turn their gazes on you, to grace your little human form with the nectar of attention, like a child silently hoping for the pride of their parent. And they'd look at you and you'd feel your heart soar like a bird escaped from a cage....Others? The ones who weren't all birdsong and honeysuckle and warm spring breeze? They were....well, not like humans, but not in a bad way, like you, warm, and charming, and perceptive, with eyes filled with mischief and curiosity and this comforting sureity. Like they knew exactly what they were doing with each step, no doubt, no anxiety...it was liberating.  And the songs, they had that made your heart pump like a drum, that your body couldn't help but dance too. I didn't get to see them often, we lived under an unseelie, the kind of fae who'd step on a puppy's head just to hear it go 'pop'.....But when we saw them, it was like something out of a fairy tail, so eery, so far away, it tugged on your heart, made you want to reach out and run to join them, to go dancing off into forever...Singing and dancing until the end of it all...That's..that's what they were like."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am

Daniel thought for a moment about what his brother had said, he couldn't help but notice that they sounded a lot like the fae he'd seen today. Beautiful, and magnificent, their alluring and fickle ways drawing in humans that they would feed on ravenously, and without care. They were majestic, but nothing about that made them good, they were as the oh so bright and very pretty colors that marked something as poisonous. Daniel had seen passed the proverbial or perhaps literal glamour that effected the humans around them, and benevolence was not something he had seen today. He had seen a fickle people, who loved the spotlight, and loved to be adored, who gorged themselves with little regard for their food, and the one he had approached had seemed abrasive, because they knew he had nothing to give them they had no interest in him, and he hated them, he hated them with a burning passion despite... no because he saw bits of them in himself, it made him want to take a scalpel and cut out all he had in common with them... Yet Daniel saw the pain in his brother's eyes as he had made him recall the memory, and not wanting to cause his brother more pain gave that magnificent seelie smile of his and referenced the last video game he had played before the incident with his parents jokingly "If only I could be so grossly incandescent."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:11 am

He laughed warmly, if not because he got the reference then because it had made Daniel smile "I have...a few more stories...If you want to hear them but...but..." The words stuck in his throat, almost choking him as he tried to find the resolve to recall more. To dig deeper into the labyrinth that was his memories and bring up another, but he couldn't...at least not right now. There was almost a magic to such memories, such stories, phantoms of the aetherial magic of Arcadia. And he could feel that force drawing up emotions more intense than he had strength to deal with right now "...I'm sorry....I can't." His voice sounded defeated, almost shameful, but as he saw the smile he couldn't help but mirror it, however bittersweet it may have been "Maybe later?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:20 am

"It's alright man" Daniel stood up and clapped him on the shoulder reassuringly, he wasn't going to push his brother to relive anything like that, he didn't understand why it caused him pain, they were good things right, shouldn't remembering them be a happy thing? But that  was just his fae nature talking, he knew it caused his brother pain and that was enough for him to put a stop to it "You can tell me later, if you think you are ready. I'm going to burger king tonight, you want to come with, or for me to pick you up anything?"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:24 am

Flynt's body seemed to almost slump in relief, tension visibly releasing from his muscles. It was almost taxing on a physical level, and so, convinced he'd gotten the message across, he closed the vault of memory once more and locked it's door. Taking a second to catch back up to what Daniel had been saying he quickly replied "Actually I was thinking maybe we should go out on the town tonight? I have some pay I've saved up."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32 am

"Oh yeah that sounds like a good time." Daniel nodded still grinning "You know anywhere that's got good deserts I'm up for something sweet. So how is work, what's the deal with that cute boss of yours?" He asked teasingly, as he stood by the door waiting for his brother to be ready, he shoved his feelings about the fae away for the time being.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:35 am

It didn't take him long to get ready, he wasn't exactly one for dressing up after all. A slight sheepish blush touched his pale skin as he heard the question "Oh uh...her? Umm...I think the only reason I got hired is that she wants to screw me." He replied with an embarrassed grin that looked all to out of place on his rugged face.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:57 am

"Well yeah obviously, I've seen the way she looks at you." Daniel chuckled and pushed open the door heading out into the night after putting on his coat, the army green coat that had been their father's that daniel had worn for many years, and indeed still did, it was in shockingly good condition as daniel seemed to always be clean. "You gonna do it?" He wondered with a bit of a smirk.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:02 am

The blush intensified exponentially, but though quiet Daniel got a reply "...I dunno maybe, I don't know her too well yet." Quickly he attempted to change the subject as they walked through the motel's parking lot, looking for any distraction "Hey what's that?" He questioned, pointing across the street to the brick wall of an old condemned building. Glowing the subtle green of wyrd magic was a rune like character, that reminded the two of a broken bird's cage. "Do you think it's a fae sign?'
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 am

"It could be the fae sign for Struggle Snuggle incorporated, I wouldn't know." Daniel joked and headed across the street to have a closer look, gracefully he dodged cars, but was careful not to look too impressive about it ensuring it looked like something a coordinated human could do. When he reached the sign was given a bit of pause and tapped his chin "It feels like fae magic, but... also not..." Daniel honestly had no better  words to describe it "like some kind of sister magic I guess..."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 am

Flynt simply rolled his eyes, and waited till traffic ceased to cross the street. As he neared the rune he felt drawn to touch it, tracing the symbol with a taloned finger "....It's warm, must mean it's recent, I think it's supposed to be like...a signal or something, something or someone's coming."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:35 am

"Oh so it's a message from your boss then." Daniel dropped his serious face and shot his brother a grin with that joke.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:38 am

His quips were rewarded with a punch on the shoulder "C'mon let's get going , I'm hungry and I don't wanna hear any more bad jokes."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 am

"I can only promise to try..." Daniel said as he walked into the night along side his brother
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 am

"so wait where are we actually gonna eat the only thing around here is a waffle house....should we call an Uber?"
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:09 am

"On one hand I haven't had a waffle in years... on the other I feel like that would waste a trip out." Daniel chuckled at this "Know any good like, southern country style cooking? chicken fried steak and all that good stuff."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:12 am

Flynt rubbed his chin "Yeah yeah I know one near the mall, I also know a good Japanese spot though, I'm pescetarian so it helps to have a place that sells a lot of seafood."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:25 am

"Eh I'm not one for sushi, but I'm down for anywhere so long as I can get real meat." Daniel said and joked "My body doesn't stay this rugged on its own accord." He motioned to himself
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:31 am

" Mmn Hmmn, how will you maintain your mountain of a body?" Flynt replied, deciding to just play along as he called them up an Uber.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:35 am

"Exactly I need some man's meat..." He began realizing what he had said a moment later he sheepishly added "That came out wrong..."
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next