An Epic tail of the old west

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Epic tail of the old west

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am

Night, small plantation in rural Georgia ,1819

A loud dull fleshy thud, repeating over and over in the dark from the old barn on the border of the plantation property. The thud repeats over and over as a fist slams into a face. The attackers breath ragged and quick as he continues his assault , the victim long since unconscious. Nathan sucks air as he keeps pounding , his hands bleeding as he continues the beating , angry tears trickling from his eyes. He'll need to run , and quick , or he'll be killed , horribly most likely.

Admin

Race : Demon
Lover : Koyu
Experience : 15160

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic tail of the old west

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:20 am

Barclay meanwhile, as a young ranger maybe nineteen, had shown initiative and complete disregard for stte borders, he had pursued a fugative all the way to georgia, a man who had killed a sherrif and his wife and son back in texas, Barclay was sure as hell not going to let a man like that escape justice, laws be damned; he certainly had the cavalier attitude of a texas ranger down; almost a legalized vigilante organization it was. White now he was riding through the country side on his horse, which was getting real tired, he needed to push on to a town a couple miles ahead.
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 24213

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 am

Out of the brush nearby springs a figure sprinting across the road , the dark skin and rags for clothes should tip clay off , as should the bruised knuckles.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 am

It wasn't too long maybe an hour before he ran into the lawman on a horse blocking his path in the country side, who definitely eyed the exhausted, fleeing, and bloodied black man with suspicion. "Well you look like you came from quite a tustle..." barclay said looking the man over
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:32 am

Nate just eyes him , this guy's a lawman , meaning there's three possible endings here . One ,he's arrested and brought in ,in which case he'll be undoubtedly killed in front of the others, two he tries to run and is probably shot , or three , he convinces the man to let him go. His mind races as he thinks over his options , but eventually he turns back to Clay "Yeah, suppose you could call it that"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 am

Barclay examined him for a moment, this man was suspicious as hell but he sense he meant him no harm "You've got quite a wound there son, mind me taking a closer look?" Barclay noticed what looked like a knife wound on side.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 am

" Nah it ain't nothin' I..I need to keep moving anyway " He replies as he looks of to the moon , a bit of the light shining onto his scarred arms and chest.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 am

"Doesn't look like nothing, that could get infected out here, and then where'd you be? deader than field mouse in a den of rattle snakes" He said dismounting
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:45 am

Nate can't help but chuckle "You one of them ol' texas boys ain't you ? Them rangers the overseers always talkin 'bout" He replies as he puts a hand to the wound, sustained from a clumsy cut with a stiletto from his master...former master.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 am

"That would be correct" He said digging in his pack for asome bandages and whiskey "All I got's this to sterrilize it, and it stings like a scorpion up your ass, so you may want to find something to bite down on, now take off your shirt so we can bandage this up"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:50 am

Nate obliges him "Barely a shirt anyway " He remarks with a shrug as he tosses it to hang on a branch nearby "....Why..Why you helping me any tex?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 am

"Well for one this confirms my suspicion of you being a run away for one" Barclay had clevely gotten him to reveal his whipping scars. and yet he did not stop moving to trat him or go for his gun "No court's gonna give you a fair trial, so why don't you tell me what happened instead? no bullshit"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 am

Nate just eyes him , getting tense at the word 'runaway' he frowns , rolling his shoulders a bit "That ol' peckerwood that owns the plantation , sometimes he'll holler over at me after sundown to come play cards with him , think it was his dumbass way of , offering the peace pipe ,he don't bring no guards , he don't bring no guns with him either , cuz he's tryna get me to like his ol' fool ass , nah I ain't no Towson boy , but I ain't stupid neither so I say 'sure massa I'll be over in a second just let me tuck my little sister in' I go over there we playing the cards I got a little money I was saving to buy my momma out , and I've always been better at poker either way, I beat his fool ass in a couple games and walk out there with enough to buy out my momma and my little sis,I know cuz I can count it by weight , this old peckerwood hop his old lard belly ass up and yell for tha overseer saying I cheated him , fifty lashes ...or so they said I wasn't countin' and can't no ways. That was two weeks ago , four hours ago I see him by the outhouse , cuz he don't wanna smell up he manor or something ....and well...my anger got the best of me" Just then Barclay hears the clopping of hooves from down the road.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:20 am

"Bite down" Barcla said poring whiskey to sterrilize the wound as he thought on htis, he ddn't neccesarily hate the slave holders, it was a vile practice in his opinion, but with the market built the way it is slave labor was the only way anyone could compete, now he had known a few people who tried to deal fairly with em, but you can't really deal fairly with your slave, since the situation is unfair by definition, now. He couldn't just let nate go arround killing people, that being said, putting himself in Nate's shoes he reckoned he'd do the same thing and nate didn't seem like a bloodthirsty avenger, some slave owners in his opinion were misguided and failed to reckognize the evil of their actions and towards a fool he could bare no will and not let a murder slide, but most were real assholes like the old man "Now you can't just go around killing people you hear? but at this point i'm inclined not to bring you in, the man sounds like he had it coming."
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 am

Nate bites down hard , brows furrowing from the pain "Shit" He murmurs right as several men on horses ride up on them "Think thats the one we're lookin' for?" One of them asks as he wipes some sleep from his eyes . "Hey son , the nigger , he yours?" The other asks bluntly.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 am

"Of course he's mine."Barclay lies, it was one of the only lies he's tell for the first hundred years of nat knowing him "He got a little brave, went for my gun, and so I had to hurt him, but he cost me an arm and a leg so it's a good thing you're a fast learner ain't ya boy?" Barclay said with a threatening and arogant look the likes of which he has seen many times
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:34 am

Nate doesn't reply simply frowning , which is enough really. One of the men raises a brow "Yours huh? Strange ....cuz he fits the description of someone elses, any explanation for that...ranger?"one of the slave catcher asks , hand to the shotgun in his saddle holster.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 am

"Son you are pickng a fight you and your friends ain't gonna walk away from" The ranger said with a chuckle "He's my property and if you damn monkey catchers don't get out of my way you're gonna see how someone who knows how to use that handles a situation like this.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:42 am

One of the hunters just laughs dryly as he puffs one his pipe then pulls his gun abruptly in the hopes to fire , Nate tensing eyes wide.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:46 am

Barclay moves quick enough to be a blur before the man can fire he takes a thrown knife between the eyes. his hand went to the sawed off pump action shotgun in a holster on his leg
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:48 am

The other man quickly draws , fanning the hammer to send of several shots in quick succession.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 am

The first shot seems to miss and before anyone got a second oppurtunity the whole gang of them had taken slugs to the chest.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:54 am

They flop out of their saddles , dead in mere instants. Nate just stands a bit in shock , he's seen death before , but not that sudden "The hell?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:59 am

"They shouldn't have drawn on me" Barclay said calmly and asked "You alright?"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:01 am

"Yeah , yeah" He replies quickly recuperating as he measures his foot to the mans own and abruptly takes the corpses boots "Appreciate what you're doing for me tex , most of yall would've turned me in , so thanks" He says with a smile as he grabs up a shotgun and reloads it from the saddlebag before climbing onto the horse "It's gonna be a long ass ride to Niagara...that's how that's pronounced right?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top