Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Guide (Some ideas about being a Mage)

+2
The Lord Regent
Nathanellie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Magical Guide (Some ideas about being a Mage) - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Guide (Some ideas about being a Mage)

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:23 am

for vampires if you feel the need to subrace all of them, we could just use my bloodlines, and for werewolves there are already different stages of those
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Magical Guide (Some ideas about being a Mage) - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Guide (Some ideas about being a Mage)

Post by Nathanellie Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:24 am

As occupation is fine. I've read somewhere in here that a Mage could master one magic type and have two three... support magic.
Nathanellie
Nathanellie
Level 1

Race : Mage
Lover : None
Experience : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanellie Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:27 am

Magical Study Branch and Classification

Alchemy

Alchemy is a school that aims at the study and manipulation of the flow of matter. The Thaumaturgy is based on this school and focuses mostly on the creation and use of matter. Known applications of their Magecraft include coining of homunculus, creation of a vessel and Transference of Consciousness spells. As such, the magi of are not actually fit for direct combat, although that does not mean that they are weak in any way.

Some people has, in the conversion of phenomena, applying it to the future. Their bodies are hereditarily frail, and their Magic Circuits are below average. Differing from the original source of alchemy, the pinnacle of their work is creating a miracle by seeking out the optimal future.

Flash Air

Flash Air is displacement magecraft that substitutes something for something else. Derived from Alchemy, the system has a fundamental rule that the replacement will always suffer from degradation. Thought of as basic and low-level, there are very few who use it. For they who specialized in it, it allowed them to switch a multitude of things.

It allows them to displace the soul and consciousness of others into stuffed animals and other objects, replacing them with pseudo-personalities like those used in their Dolls. They can change the relations of door and windows in a building, allowing for them to be changed in an instant to confuse enemies. Displacing a portion of space can place hostile projectiles behind the enemy, allow for their own projectiles to change trajectory by shifting space, allow for them to have their limbs appear anywhere, and make their enemy's own sword swings hit them from behind.

Memory Partition

Memory Partition is an ability used by superior alchemist. Paired with Thought Acceleration, the very proof that one is an alchemist, it is the ability to partition their thoughts to form multiple independent thought processes. While normal people can only have a single "room" in their brain and focus on one thought, partitioning adds partitions to the one room to create multiple rooms. The prerequisite for the superior alchemists has at least three rooms, while five is on the level of a genius.

It is different than having multiple independent machines in their heads because, while there are multiple processes, they work toward one goal. They manage different problem sets, but work together to generate one overall solution. While machines can calculate on the same level, nothing else compares when used for problem solving. The limit of an average alchemist is one thought into multiple rooms, but superior alchemists can perform first-order tetration of their thought into rooms. The rooms are synergistic, so four partitions allows for 256 thought processes. As they work towards one goal, it does not allow for 256 separate calculations. Someone has used it to calculate the opponents movements in battle, think out multiple separate ideas at once, and calculate data she gathers.

Thought Acceleration

Thought Acceleration is the main magecraft of an alchemists. Fast thought is only a prerequisite to it, and it is truly the ability to multi-expansion diagrams. Thought Acceleration is the proof of an alchemist, while Memory Partition is a proof of their facilities.

Transmutation

Transmutation is the field to do things like manipulating the configuration of noble metals. People can develop an application of this for combat-purposes use: to pass Magical Energy through metal-wires to shape the threads accordingly with her mental images. The precision of the shapes and the fluidity with which someone can changes between them serves as a statement on how their Thaumaturgy excels in Alchemy.

Curses

Cursed Boundary Layer

The Cursed Boundary Layer utilized by making a cursed shadow expand itself around ones body and uses it for teleporting oneself, repairing physical damage, restraining and consuming others, tentacle attacks and generating Shadow Giants.

Gandr

Gandr is a simple curse originating from Scandinavia, which decreases the physical health of the target. Because the curse properly said is released from the caster’s index finger and the target must be within the field of vision to be aimed at, it is dubbed Gandr Shot. A Gandr with so much Magical Energy concentrated into it that becomes capable of physical interference is called Finn Shot.

Geis

The practice of establishing a Geis is forming a curse over a target that imposes a mystical restriction over one's action with the consent of both parties. It is something that cannot be used readily as it is one of the worst curses. One even more merciless version of a geis is a Self-Geis Scroll. Placing a written contract upon a scroll of vellum that would appear as only meaningless figures and well-made patterns to those who are not magi, it is a curse that directly binds the Magic Crest of the target. The signature of the declarer is signed in blood and infused with Magical Energy to show that the spell has been established and activated. The contract lists the target of the binding magecraft, an oath from the target, and the conditions to accept the contract. Once the conditions are fulfilled, the target will give up part of their free will, and the contract will be confirmed as an unbreakable curse. It forcibly uses the functions of the targets' Crests upon themselves to enforce the contract, and it is a power unable to be erased by any method in theory. Even if the caster's life is lost, the Crest would bind the soul of the dead man and not pass down to future generations. It is a very dangerous magecraft made for the treacherous society of magi where a contract involving offering a maximal concession that absolutely cannot be disobeyed is required.

Magecraft

Elemental Magecraft

Earth Magecraft is that which is highly tuned to the Earth Element.
Flame Magecraft is that which is highly tuned with the Fire Element.
Wind Magecraft is that which is highly tuned with the Wind Element.

Flowing and Transferring of Power

Flowing and Transferring of Power spells are those that deal with the transference of energy or information from an object to another. Magical energy cannot be kept free-flowing outside of the body because it immediately disperses, so its only usage is normally to be used for spells before it disappears. Some can store their own magical energy, magical energy of others, and "other things" inside other objects, allowing them to be kept for later usage. Jewels and Gems provide great storage efficiency for magical energy, while storing other things is more difficult. Another type of transference is a ritual that allows one to reacquire past knowledge and abilities by performing spiritual possession of past incarnations. Two versions of the same person on the same time axis can have similar effects.

Healing Magecraft

Healing Magecraft is the type of thaumaturgy involving recovering the flesh of injured people and of detoxification. This could be used for the sake of helping people, to lessen the great burden felt by a subject who received an organ that was tempered with magical power, and help his body get used to the newly transplanted organ.

Jewel Magecraft

Jewel Magecraft is the type of thaumaturgy involving transferring magical energy into jewels to use as limited use Mystic Codes. Compared to other mediums, the most compatible storage space is jewels. It is said that they are able to act as "prisons that stop flow", easily accumulating and storing the thoughts of their owners. Among the jewels of the world, there are those that have spent years under the ground having contact with the spirits of nature and have been stained with their power, allowing them to act as a simplified type of Magic Crest when filled with energy. The downside of the storage medium is that they break upon the release of the energy, so they must be replaced with each use.

Material Transmutation

Material Transmutation involves spells that interfere with the properties of an object. These include Reinforcement and Gradation Air Magecraft.

Alteration

Alteration is the intermediary step between Reinforcement and Projection, to give an object a property or effect that it originally didn’t have.

Reinforcement

Reinforcement is the most difficult Magecraft with the purpose of pushing a basis to the utmost limit. It is the foundation of all Magecraft that enhance the existence of the target by pouring Magical Energy, but as no clear expression of how much it can be enhanced is defined, almighty reinforcements are rare. It is the same as adding something to an object that is already complete, in case of failure the target will receive it as a poison. Success requires a good grasp of the inner structure to fill openings with Magical Energy. Reinforcing the purpose of existence would be increasing the sharpness of a knife, the nourishment of food, or in the case of a living creature, physical strength and durability. It is impossible to reinforce something vague. As living things will resist invasion of Magical Energy, reinforcing someone else is the hardest.

Mental Interference

Spells that cause some sort of effect on the target’s mind.

Memory Manipulation

Memory Manipulation is an alteration of the mind’s records to make a person forget about a certain event, effectiveness is limited by the number of deviations between what the target remembers and what the people around them remember. A magus that has been discovered by normal people is expected to at least cast this on his witnesses.

Command

Command, bends the target's will to the caster's. The subjugation lasts for success levels in rounds, but during that time the subject will do anything the caster wants as long as it does not contradict his basic nature. It can be cast and recast as necessary.  

Runes

Runes are a type of Magecraft originated during the Age of the Gods, and are symbols that, once inscribed, automatically realize mysteries accordingly with the meaning that they represent. Composed of only straight lines and possessing mechanics similar to the Magic Crests, the usage of modern runes is unpopular within the Mage's Association.It is possible to affect a target with a Rune inscribed at distance, but the rate of success is low with the target that possesses Magic Circuits due the effect of Resistance. In this case, the Rune must be inscribed directly onto the body. If used in combinations, it is possible to create Bounded Fields with them.  

Broom flight

Flight utilizing brooms is a form of mystery that is currently supported by the Magic Foundation - Black Magic section all over the world. It acts as a transportation method utilizing Magical Energy as fuel. There are different methods, such as the Jet Method that achieves maximum air speed transiently, and the low-cost Ether Sail method. The broom is an item that enables hovering, and the source of propulsion varies depending on the magi. Female magi can easily achieve magical properties such as "foot not making contact with the ground" and "repelled by the earth" when employing a broom. Gravity can be reduced to about 1/6 of normal by using an ointment of witches to enhance the effect of "repelled by the earth." There is a trend in the current era among female magi to research new methods of flight.

Formalcraft

Formalcraft is an ancient system of thaumaturgy that compensates for lack of power and the weakness of the caster through the use of rituals, sacrifices, and magic circles -- generally favored by magi of weak bloodlines. Relies primarily on Mana and very little on Od. Knowledge is a strong requirement.

Golemancy

Golemancy is the practice of creating golems, meaning "embryo" or "moulded being", a practice compared to being an attempt to "reproduce the secret mystery of how God created the human Adam." They have been produced since ancient times. Compared to those of old, the newer ones cannot hold up in quality. Though there may be at least one person in modern times capable of making golems, even the prodigy is nowhere near that level.

Necromancy

Necromancy is a practice born through the manipulation of corpses. Performing feats like raising simple zombies or giving birth to cobbled monsters, they are magi who reside over death. Their craft requires a large amount of dead bodies, and rather than steal from graveyards or morgues, most acquire their wares from the battlefield. Flocking to war, those most proficient in their craft are said to have a fate of taking the greatest joys in gathering resources from the wakes of revolutions, coup d'etats, or any massive destruction resulting in genocide. As there has never been an end to war since ancient times, they have never been far from danger, experimenting with their own lives on the line and sometimes having to battle their own rampaging creations. Considered to be irrational by other magi, they are some of the few who gladly charge into the battlefields of the world.

They are most attuned with areas "drenched by the deaths of human beings", choosing them for rituals and workshops. Skilled in working with bodies, they have a number of skills. Kairi Sisigou is noted to be an abnormality who uses body parts as weapons themselves, using cursed fingers as bullets and turning magi hearts into grenades.

Time Manipulation

Time Manipulation is the result spending generations researching and seeking the magecraft that controls time. It is the ability to separate the passage of time inside a designated space from the "flow of time" in the outside world. It is classified as High-Thaumaturgy in the form of a Bounded Field that can be regarded as a type of Reality Marble in a way, but still not something extraordinarily difficult to utilize like other time related magecraft or something on the level of the True Magic that is unable to be replicated. It allows for "time adjustment" that can only stagnate the time which has passed and accelerate time in the future rather than something more advanced like "time modification", which has the ability to reverse cause and effect and change the past. It is generally used with large scale rituals that require a large amount of Magical Energy and planning in order to activate it.

Witchcraft

Witchcraftis the use certain type of spells, like:

Cursing Techniques

Cursing Techniques is the common term given to the practices that one would expect from the traditional (and very clichéd) witches and shamans. Things that fall along the lines of potions, medicines, spirit exorcism and curses that use a material medium (ex: a straw doll). They have a strong presence within the Japanese supernatural world.[/b][/b]
Nathanellie
Nathanellie
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyu Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 am

Oh dear God, I already made it clear that Mages can all so Alchemy and Enchanting if they want as it is one of their Positives.
Koyu
Koyu
Level 5

Race : Vampire
Experience : 15848

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:32 am

whoa that is a lot newbie, I understand the urge behind creating lore, but if there's anything I've learned from my time roleplaying it is the dangers of becoming too rigid and in depth
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanellie Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:37 am

I.. think I've just made a horrible mistakes.......
I'm not trying to push my ideas you know....
Sorry..
I just like writing things like this.. and I thought posting things like this is fine...
I've always like fantasy and magic
I think I'm to carried away
I didn't think you are going to contemplate this this much..
Or actually reading and being to serious about this too
You can ignore this or reject this too you know
... I'm sorry
Nathanellie
Nathanellie
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:48 am

We rather it gets rejected or not I like the initiative... I personally favor sticking with our current system after a bit of thought but I appreciate the ideas, and I do think that in your first couple posts about the magus and their attitudes is a good idea for a faction of mages, it you're interested you can just checkout how we format the faction ideas and post it in the link below, it also contains what we've established for the restart

https://turningsupernatural.forumotion.com/t150p25-so-perhaps-some-stuff-that-we-have-established-already
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanellie Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:54 am

Thanks, I feel a bit better.. I think..
But really, I write this just for fun.. So you don't have to actually use it for this forum, It's fine as it is
I don't want to give you guys some unnecessary pressure.. You guys actually reading this post and replying back are enough for me
Really
Nathanellie
Nathanellie
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:59 am

glad to have the suggestions
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyu Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:27 am

Let us leave it as an Occupation but before that, U want people to vote if they would want 1 subspecies for every race just one mind you. Meaning we have the main ones and if that is not really your cake you can be a subspecies of them which is only one choice, wither the main or subspecies.
Koyu
Koyu
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:55 am

Where are we voting?
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyu Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:13 am

Somewhere, probably here.
Koyu
Koyu
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Half Moon Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Vote for sub!
Half Moon
Half Moon
Level 5

Race : Everything you can imagine
Lover : Nobody and everybody
Experience : 14872

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Vote for sub!
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Aye, sub.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 pm

then it is settled
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2