Turning Supernatural
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

5 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 36 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by KiloSasha Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:30 pm

(Shocking.)
The next morning came too quick for Vesryn, who possibly just had the best night's sleep she has had in a good few weeks. Though, part of the reason could potentially be due to the fact that she was sharing a huge bed with an an equally huge man. But he kept her warm throughout the night. Her eyes cracked open, light rushing in and forcing her to shut them again. A few minutes of rapid blinking later, and she could finally see without the threat of being blinded. She was almost lying on top of the knight, with her head on his shoulder and one of her legs around his. The night hadn't started off like this; she had progressively shifted closer to him until she was taking up most of the bed space, as well as using him as a pillow and a hot water bottle.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : myself
Experience : 15142

Back to top Go down

Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel - Page 36 Empty Re: Rise of humanity: The Saga Of Steel

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 am

Arden was still sleeping, a bit exhausted, he hadn't been able to sleep until late last night, the elf climbing on top of him had woken him up more than once, while in a bedroll things were generally tighter, and she had little room for such antics, in a bed  she had slmost knocked him off, then climbed on top of him. It had also been rather hard to resist the moon's call and sleep in the first place, it made him far too alert and twitchy, just two hours ago as the sun had began to rise, had he fallen asleep, he hadn't moved all night however, as he wanted ves to sleep tight, exhaustion could be seen on his sleeping face, it would  not be easy to wake him up with anything short of an ice water bucket

Meanwhile the wizard Rowan had taken the liberty of "Borrowing" some supplies he was sure were safe from the guild's armory, including a set of chainmail  armor made of fine metal lighter and yet stronger than the finest steel, some armor for ves made of wyvern leather which would provide greater protection from harm than any common leather armor, and some goodies for himself, if the guild wouldn't help then to hell with them, he was ashamed to be in the same guild as these people. He made his way out of the armory with a full sack over his shoulder like a reverse santa claus.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 35296

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:36 am

Vesryn's eyes moved to his sleeping face, and she reached up to gently sweep a stray strand of hair that was clinging to the moisture on his lips. She was still for a good while, simply studying the planes of his face, putting every little feature, every little perfect imperfection to memory. Arden was right before; they weren't the type of people to die at old age. So she wanted to make the most of their time together, lest it be forced away too quickly. She wasn't sure when she realised her feelings for him, but she had certainly fallen for him quicker than she had anyone else before. She leaned over, planting a soft kiss on his lips, before peeling herself out of the covers. She was careful to not move the bed too much lest she wake him, before getting changed and heading out to find Rowan and figuring out their next move.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:46 am

Rowan barged into the room with the sack as soon as vesryn opened the door, he knew that it may annoy her , but they were low on time and he had just stolen from the guild. "I uh... procured some assistance from the guild , you and arden suit up and let's go, before someone finds out." rowan said handing her the sack with their new and improved armor inside
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:03 pm

A dagger appeared in Vesryn's hand almost as soon as the door burst open, and she was prepared to spill whomever it was guts on the floor, but blinked in surprise when she recognised the mage. "Oh," She said, brows drawing together momentarily. She was still somewhat groggy, and took her a moment to truly realise the urgency. Her eyes cleared in understanding, and she grabbed the bag, before walking out in the middle of the room, and pulling the armour free. She only hesitated a moment, feeling the material the leather armour was made of, that she presumed was for her. This is... No, no time for that. "Arden, get up," She said, tossing the armour for Arden where it landed on top of him to try and wake him up. Then, she started shamelessly redressing into the fine leather clothing, the small bit of decency she still possessed making her have her back to the men.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Rowan quickly stepped out of the room, he did not wish to see either of them in a state of undress

Arden barely stirred awake and groggily sat up as he was hit by the chainmail
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:52 pm

"Get dressed, we have to go," She said, lacing up her boots. Once properly clothed, Vesryn looked down at herself and the new, rather incredible armour. She had recognised it immediately, but had never owned anything of such high quality. And that was saying something. She grabbed the weapons, and returned them to their rightly place on her body until she had almost more equipment on her person than an armoury.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Arden began to do what she said as he clumsy from still being half asleep began to put on the armor after his underclothes "Where did you get this?" the partially aware knight could tell this armor was of great quality
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:39 pm

"Rowan," She responded, giving him an amused smile at his gracelessness that morning. The elf went over to assist him with his armour once she was properly donned in hers. "I think he stole it, hence the urgency," She said, her own fingers light and nimble compared to his clumsy ones. Although Rowan hadn't said so directly, Vesryn still suspected his actions weren't terribly honest.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Arden shot awake at that last part "So this is stolen from a bunch of crazy wizards?" he was bit alarmed by that part and in only a few more seconds was ready to go

(don't forget about mori)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Vesryn tilted her head slightly, the smile still whispering on her lips. She wasn't worried in the least, though this was perhaps not good. Always being on edge and suspicious kept her alive thus far. God, she was going be get killed. Her gaze swept the room to ensure they had left no other belongings, before she headed out of the room.

(I don't know how to add her in right now, I was planning on her running after them.)
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:59 pm

(i need a bit to think of what happens next)
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:16 am

Surprisingly their leaving goes off without a hitch most of the mages are still asleep, and Rowan is able to disguise the armor with an illusion. Soon enough the trio is once again on the road headed north away from the wizard's tower
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:32 am

Nanda Parvaat

Darkness,still, cold, pain...than light flooding in with the sound of other voices,it's all a buzz,he's blind and deaf like a baby. Just like a babe he is dragged from his dark sanctuary and thrust into the cold light. His wounds still ache from the fight , his hosts have given him no help, he has allowed rats to nibble the rotten flesh from his back, but that does not stop the pain. His knuckles are wrapped tight in homemade bandages , made from strips of the sparse extra clothing he had becoming to worn to wear anymore. with a slight cold chuckle he wonders if anyone has even noticed he's gone.
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:24 am

Vesryn, although somewhat surprised they weren't caught, assisted the illusion to ensure it stayed that way. She ran her fingers through her hair to tame the wild knots, before twisting the strands in an intricate braid that fell down the centre of her back. She had been in a good mood all morning, and it showed. Of course, this was due to the fact the muscles in her shoulders no longer ached, and had nothing to do with the fact she had a fantastic night's rest at the side of a certain knight...

~

"Wait!" A familiar voice shouted from behind them, and thundering footsteps could be heard coming their way. Once she had caught up to them, Morina doubled over, heaving for a breath. God, she wasn't used to running at all. "Wait, let me come with you," She said, between breaths. "I can't stand another moment in that horrid place. Everyone there is crazy."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 am

Rowan was initially surprised at morina's reappearance, and perhaps more so to see her attempting to run, which was almost hilarious enough to make the wizard crack a smile. After composing himself, and thinking it over Rowan announced "I'd be glad to have you with us mori"  Aside from his own personal reasons Morina's skill as a mage, and a healer would be a great asset to the team "But you may not want to travel with us, I did just st... i mean borrow a bunch of armor from your old tower." Rowan, as much as he would like to have her with them she needed to know what she was getting into.

Arden was quite groggy obviously he didn't sleep so well as ves, but he was smiling, because ves was happy
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChambirdie Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 am

Piri is dragged for a long time until he reaches a line, where ten other elves are standing . above them the cold sky , beneath them hard stone, in front of them a dais from where a whole cabal of elven lords and ladies, barons and dukes look down upon them. One in particular whose robes signify him their leader steps up and with a sharp inhale exclaims so all the room can here "Good morning boys and girls!!....you are here today because you are the survivors , the beaten broken few who have survived violence , abuse and trial ...the very best of the best, you ten are our chosen ones. Our soon to be greatest weapons, our our silent deadly knives in the dark..our Night blades."
LaChambirdie
LaChambirdie
Admin

Experience : 26939

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:55 am

"You what?!" She screeched, eyeing said armour in horror. "Are you insane? They're all mad! They don't take kindly to people who steal their things." Oh, god, they're all going to be brutally murdered by a bunch of maniacal wizards. "When they find out..."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:52 am

"We'll be alright, I told them were headed west to gather the support of the  other towers." Rowan said to Morina rather calmly  "If they do come after us though, and find out which way we're going it may be a bit of a hindrance, or it may not, they are mad after all, they may try to group hug a chimera or take off all their clothes and skip through the tundra" Rowan reasoned to morina "And even if they do find us we aren't exactly helpless"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 am

"Oh, dear god, I don't know why I've come this was such a mistake..." She murmured, more to herself. It wasn't like she could return, she had been a little... well, rude to everyone who had ever bugged her, and had darted away the first chance she got. Frankly, she was surprised they didn't chase after her. But if what Rowan said was true... then perhaps everything would be fine. No need to worry. Morina herself wasn't entirely skill at battling, but she had no doubt the mountainous man would be adept at it. She sent him a wink. And she had seen Rowan fighting before, he was also very good at turning the odds of a battle. And Mori could heal them should they be injured. Yeah, it'll be okay. Everything will be grand. She hoped.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 am

"Well you've somewhat limited your options" Rowan observed, "you can head for the nearest safe tower alone, you can go off alone and hide, or you can stick with us"
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:18 am

The thought of going off alone was more unpleasant than going back to the guild. "I'll just stay with you guys," She said, inviting herself along without asking anyone else in the party if they mind. "Fighting isn't my, ah... strong suit."
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

The day passes quickly and uneventfully, mostly in silence as the trio presses north the land growing colder as they do, not merely the natural cold of the north, but an eerily unnatural cold, that st everyone on edge. When night fell, pale green light blanketed the world. From a twisting green aurora in the sky that illuminated the world with its pale glow all could tell was bad news. The group had made camp and bundled up by the time night fell and brought the strange lights that twisted in the sky like a writhing snake. While arden was busy glancing around at their surroundings, fully alert with his hand on his sword due to the unnatural lights dancing in the sky paranoia. Rowan was more focused on intently watching the sky. He took out his pipe and began to smoke as he watched the green lights dancing above them "Alma's tears..." the wizard murmured thoughtfully. He sensed necromancy and much of it had brought this about.
The Lord Regent
The Lord Regent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Unsurprisingly, Vesryn was not happy that the steadily decreasing temperature the father north they traveled, but the difference between this cold and, say, the cold she experienced in the snow, was that this one chilled her right to the bones, and left her mouth dry and her head stuffy and pounding. She had kept her distance from Morina, who had chatted away to anyone that would listen, her conversations usually laced with some swear word as her rantings got steadily more intense. Eventually, Vesryn had demanded that the woman shut up lest she attract some unfriendly creature; grudgingly, she complied. The elf couldn't stand another moment listening to her whining.
Vesryn's gaze danced across the flickering sky when night time came again, the eery green light reflecting in her eyes. A crease appeared between her brows; it was something she had never witnessed before, and found it somewhat beautiful, and more than a little therapeutic, if not extremely creepy. The elf was sat near Arden, and like him, was very much on edge at the strange sights. "What?" She questioned Rowan when she heard his words, turning to face him.

~

As if in a huff, Morina had stayed quiet after Vesryn told her to shut up, and cast glares at the elf throughout the rest of the trip, who readily ignored these venomous looks. But the glowing sky stole her attention away from the elf, and made her forget all her anger. "Woah," She murmured, eyes wide and awed at the sight.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Very little occurred over the past week, which was good for Ysabel, as she felt she didn't have to worry about her two children as much. It was clear the presence of Arden was missed; his skill in battle was greatly appreciated, as well as his over all boost of morale. Now, as much as she loathed to admit it, she felt more vulnerable. But now that he was gone, he couldn't take the light away from Emron, the rightful king. Some bastard, even one such as Arden, could never be a ruler. Ysabel had stayed close to Epona most of the time to offer her emotional support throughout her turmoil, and had spoken to very little others, save for Emron of course. The solid ground had disappeared, now forming vast deserts that was too harsh and unforgiving for anything, save the occasional cactus and scattering scorpion. The queen knew their supplies would run out quickly in the blistering heat, especially with their near constant need for a break. The limited water was waning quickly, along with everyone's energy. A few days later of travel, Ysabel was positively sick of the sand and its constant repetition. Her wish of change came true, but not in the way she wanted...

It had began slowly, like a steady emerald fog that crept over the horizon, barely noticeable. But it soon crawled forward, seemingly devouring the sky in its thick smokey tendrils. All eyes were on the sky at this point, a concerned, fearful or worried expression mirrored in everyone's eyes. Someone had opted that they walk during the night where the cool air nipped at their skin, but it was infinitely better than the scorching sun, which was the time when the green light that danced in the sky was more visible. Still, the party pressed on, too weary to bother going back now. They found themselves in more desert, the eerie light casting equally eerie shadows on the ground, but the difference now was there seemed to be... objects jutting from the ground, disrupting the previously level and empty sands. Upon closer examination, these half sunk things would soon be seen to be bones. Huge bones, everywhere; remains that nothing alive today could be compared to. Littered around, as if a battle had taken place so many years previously. Ysabel's gaze flitted around worriedly, as she prepared for the worst, as a mother does. As the twisting tendrils of emerald reached their zenith overhead, the light almost seemed to be... well, it looked like these bones were absorbing the greenish tinted light. The ground shook slightly, and the sound of millions upon millions of grains of sand began to move at once, as these ancient beings once again took life and began to shift in their makeshift graves.
KiloSasha
KiloSasha
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next