Tourist Trap

Go down

Tourist Trap

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

"So....so you think Bob Dylan is better than Billy goddamn Joel? What do you mean?" Lincoln snorted with righteous indignation toward his rotund wizard friend, using all his concentration to keep his eyes on the road and not death glare his best buddy with the force of a thousand suns. It had been a week or two since their last encounter with anything strange and during that time the two had gotten some well deserved relax. Yet there was a certain tension that hung in the air as the truck coasted down a lonely road surrounded by woods , the cliffs and hills of Appalachia surrounding them. It was Evan's idea to head to the East Coast in the first place, in search of more information in the quiet sea towns and bustling port cities that had inspired such men as Lovecraft and Edgar Allen Poe. Lincoln wasn't sure how he felt on the matter, he'd never been into a town bigger than their old one and he wanted to avoid surveillance, in case eyes supernatural or mundane were watching them. That's why they'd taken this lonely country backroad through Kentucky in the first place. Yet as they moved along the form of a girl walking along the road proved it to not be so lonely after al "Should we see if she's okay?" Lincoln asked warily, the things that had happened recently had made him even more paranoid then he was before.

Super power: Shitty jokes
Super Weakness : easily distracted by the sexy
Special Quote: I am a luxury few can afford
Cthulhu
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26155

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tourist Trap

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:22 pm

"Asking me to explain how bob Dylan is better is like asking me to describe how the sky is blue." Evan said to Lincoln, there was no good argument to be made of Bob Dylan being better than Billy Joel, and he damn well knew it, but triggering his closest friend was always pretty fun, an he knew how big of a Billy Joel fan he was. It had of course been his idea to check lovecraftian locations for clues because things all seemed pretty lovecraft and frankly as stupid of an idea as it was they didn't have anything else to go on, additionally he needed a wand carved from the bones of a "Sea beast" for his new crafts project, a wand, and where better to find one. For Evan there wasn't much question when they saw the woman on the side of the road whether or not to stop for her "Of course" He answered without hesitation, he had left enough people to die for one lifetime.
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 34365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:24 pm

"Nah nah get out of my car." He joked with a laugh , seeming utterly repulsed by Evan's words as he pulled the car over and rolled down Evan's window so he could speak to her.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm

What he is forgetting there is that Evan is an extremely shy person especially around those short a Y chromosome. Before the window can even open fully Evan has darted back into the cabin, like a coward.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Lincoln held back a cruel snort as he with the ease of someone who'd dealt with Evan's antics a million times before , popped his head out the window "Hello there ma'am , you need any help? We haven't seen anyone on this road for miles."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:45 pm

She forgot how many days had passed since she escaped. She had scarcely stopped walking since then. Sweat clung to her new stolen clothes. She knew she smelled terrible, but she had no where to go and therefore hardly cared. She was awfully jumpy; every stranger that passed could be an agent after her. Every face that looked in her direction was her enemy. She walked like a person trying not to leave behind footsteps. All she focused on now was survival. Thankfully most people had not interacted with her at all, but a feeling of dread sank in her stomach when the van approaching her slowed and the window wound down. She caught the driver's eye, and as soon as she did a hint of surprise touched her expression, but was quickly dismissed. "I don't." Her voice was short and sharp.

KiloSasha
Level 5

Lover : everyone
Experience : 14846

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pm

"Really? Because..and I don't wanna judge here, you look like u could use some deoderant, food, and sleep." Lincoln replied, an immediate wave of compassion taking over him as he looked over her ragged appearance "It wouldn't be right to just leave you out here, the last town was half a day away in a car, and navigating without a map is near impossible out here..hell it's a wonder me and my buddy haven't gotten lost yet. I know it might seem suspicious and I'm not gonna ask you to stick with us or anything, but we have food and water and a few unused toothbrushes and sticks of deo , and the trailer's bathroom has a small shower. If you don't wanna hitch hike you can just get urself back in order and head on."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

She considered it for a while. It was all too convenient. They could easily be agents. They could take her right back, and then she would never see sunlight again. On the other hand, she hadn't eaten in several days and all the water she had was running low. And also she stank. She looked him up and down. He didn't look like an agent, but looks can be deceiving obviously. Still, she knew she could not go on by herself forever. "A day only," She said, and climbed in.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 pm

"Fine by me." Lincoln replied with a warm smile, just glad she'd accepted in the first place, despite the brand that now marked his chest, he still felt human things like compassion.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

If she thought they were agents, the sight of the very shy, portly Ewan, reading and blushing at a table as far away as possible like she was radioactive should clue her in that they were by no means agent material.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Indeed the portly guy did indeed put some of her fears at rest. Still, she found a seat and sat like a woman ready to bolt at any sudden movements. Eventually, she asked, "Can I use your shower?"

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 pm

"Yeah" Lin replied with a quiet chuckle.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:06 pm

"Thank you," She said and went to find the bathroom. It wasn't too hard to, and she quickly undressed and slipped into the warm water. Washing the grime and sweat off her body was perhaps one of the best feelings ever.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:56 pm

As the car continued to move along Lincoln wondered who'd even built all these roads if there were no towns nearby.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Soon enough she left the shower and regrettably had to pull on her old clothes for she had none ot spare.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Yesterday at 11:07 pm

"I see a sign!" Lincoln exclaimed with the excitement of someone who hadn't seen any sign of civilization in hours.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent Today at 9:11 am

Evan had finally come out of his corner "yaaaaay" he said enthusiastically at the thought of having to interact with more people he was not comfortable around, then practically darted back to his corner faster than you would think someone of his size should be able to move upon seeing the female emerge again.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down