The final lesson

Go down

The final lesson

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm

"I have trained each and almost every one of you since the time that you could wave a wand." The tall grey haired old man with a scraggly beard Morgan McCarty, paced in front of his students looking over each of them with a sternly appraising eye "But you aren't children anymore, and it's high time you leaned some offensive magic. As for you Ronald it's well passed high time... That's why I brought us all out here" He motioned around them, it had been a two hour drive to get to the mountains from Henrico, then they had, had to hike for hours just to make it out here to this clearing in the middle of the woods where Morgan McCarty the coven's patriarch and teacher had set up a training dummy for each of them "Now some of you have been learning some elemental magic, demon warding charms, or enchantments which can serve offensive purposes. That's all well and good, but those can be time consuming, and impractical. Element magic can be difficult to preform under pressure, wards can be overpowered, and enchanted items can be disarmed. The purpose is a blasting spell is in its simplicity, it requires no special tools, and can be cast with a simple gesture and incantation. Now if you would all pick a target and line up we can begin your last lesson as mere apprentices."
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 34388

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The final lesson

Post by Tiran22 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Ronald sighs and walks towards one of the dumies "It was about time.." He gets ready to use his magic, waiting for the order.
Tiran22
Level 3

Experience : 268

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Jo nodded and made his way over to his own dummy, the tall platinum blond's hair shining in the light of the virginia sun as he did so. He hand't minded the walk much, he often went out on his own when he needed to clear his head and the trail up here was one he took often. He was however more than a bit annoyed at how early they'd had to get up, as John and his bed had a very deep intimate relationship and didn't much like being separated.

Super power: Shitty jokes
Super Weakness : easily distracted by the sexy
Special Quote: I am a luxury few can afford
Cthulhu
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 26096

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Helia had been chatting to the girl next to her the entire time, utterly ignoring Morgan. It didn't take her long to catch up, however, when everyone else started to move. Her confidence shone through her easy gait and the way her head was held high; despite only being of average height, her superior attitude made her seem taller than she really is. She knew she would out perform, because she always did, and not without some flair of the dramatic.

KiloSasha
Level 5

Lover : everyone
Experience : 14844

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Jacob took the one by his adopted brother, he adjusted his glasses a bit as he waited eagerly for instruction, this was a lesson he had been waiting a long time for. He scowled openly at Helia, it wasn't that he had anything important to say to her it was just that he hated her cocky mannerisms, and if he was being honest (though he would never admit it) he hated that she was all around better than him, and that a lazy brat like that would be so gifted.

"Everyone's blast is going to be a bit different, unlike many spells there's not prescriptive magic blast... Some of yours will cast quickly, some of yours will be exceptionally powerful, some of yours may have unique effects on the target, some may burn through it, others may blast it to shrapnel..." Morgan stated as he paced back and forth behind them "Our first exercise will be to cast them without a catalyst, and then we will work on using them with a catalyst. This will be very simple, but you need to trust you're instincts; all you are doing is projecting your magic in whatever form feels right, don't overthink the incantation or gestures, just picture it, and do what feels right."
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiran22 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:59 am

Ronald gets the globes out of his hand and takes breath before rising his arm and snaping his fingers, the dummy bursting out, surrounded by his fire like magic

Last edited by Tiran22 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiran22
Level 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 am

John nodded, expression neutral as he extended an arm towards the dummy and slowly inhaled. Power rippled down his arm like electricity, then bursted from his pale skin in a burst of jet black energy. Without a sound it shot a hole through the wooden target, leaving a smoking ring right between the dummies eyes. A small silent chuckle bubbled in his chest as he looked at his work a slight trail of steam rising from his palm, nice.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Then, very suddenly, it seemed like a stun grenade had gone off: a sudden bright white light followed by a bang, that would damage the eyes of any who looked directly at it. The only proof a dummy had been standing in front of Helia was the scorch mark left on the ground. Helia herself looked insufferably smug.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Jacob seemed to be the only one having any trouble casting the spell, as he began his incantation and his hand wavy gestures a black light emanated from his hands, followed by crackling tendrils of red energy that lashed across the ground and plants causing rot and wilting where they struck, then without warning there was a weak fizzling sound and the magic fell apart. For twenty minutes he failed time after time to cast the simple blasting spell. Becoming increasingly frustrated with each failure, which showed on the youngest member's expression.

"Jacob keep at it..." Morgan said with a brief nod of acknowledgement , before looking at the others "The rest of you well done, Helia tone it down a bit, put less power into it, I don't want any of the others going blind, or you yourself for that matter." Frankly done well was an understatement, normally it took months of practice to be able to make that spell lethal, and here they all had it in the first go. "Now you three get out your catalysts, we're going to try with that."
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm

"I'll try to be more careful, sir," Helia cooed; in truth she had no intention of being more careful. For what she did drew his attention and his reaction pleased her. It will only encourage her to go harder next. At his command, she took the translucent crystal from her shirt, that hung on a leather thread tied around her neck. She clasped her hand around it.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm

A pair of silver shaded eyes rolled at the response as John pulled out his own catalyst, a small steel pendant shaped like a longsword.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiran22 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:14 am

Ronald got out his white gloves and puted them on, opened and closed his fists and got ready to cast the magic that wanted to get out of him. That was his strong point. Other spells where allways hard for him, but both his fire magic and pure ofensive capabilities were like breathing for him.
Tiran22
Level 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 pm

"Now this is going to be a little more complex, we're practicing teamwork and volley fire her, I want you all to be ready to cast in unison on this..." Morgan pointed to one of the uninjured training dummies "On my signal.... now"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm

The catalyst channeled Jo's energy , refining it down into a precise orb like blast that fired directly for the head of the dummy as soon as Morgan gave the order.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiran22 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Ronald followed Jo's blast with his own with a simple snap of his fingers, now targeting the chest of the dummy.
Tiran22
Level 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KiloSasha on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Afterwards Helia exploded it the same way.

KiloSasha
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Today at 7:41 am

Jo winced , the brightness of the flash being quite the annoyance, smirking he turned to Jake and quickly signed out 'Hey on the bright side, if she blinds me I won't have to see that smug smirk anymore'

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content