Level 5

Race : Demon
Lover : ur ma
Experience : 14559

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hammerfall : A Warhammer 40k RP

Post by The Lord Regent on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 pm

"Not just nightlords" Lukos commented and pointed out the window with his sword "Several more ships arived just a moment ago, lost and the dammed, black legion, as well as some unmarked craft, looks like the entire neighborhood has come to visit... luckily I brought enough punch" He said making a fist and reminding everyone why space marines shouldn't joke

"It's kept me alive this long" Gallus didn't seem at all worried, he was the veteran of a number of battles despite his youth, and he new when to keep that cocky head of his down.
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 34021

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 pm

"Is this what passes for humor among the adeptus astartes?" He replied with a smirk , arms folded behind his back as heterochromatic eyes moved to look at the fleet "....I've decided I'll be staying to help , though this fight is not exacty daemonic in nature it is still under my purview as an inquisitor." He declared with a firm nod "Moving along , what is the plan ?"

Vulkeyr nodded slowly as he joined the inquisitor at the window ,massive frame dwarfing the already tall daemonhunter "How many men do you have?" He questioned as he turned to look over Novia and her comrades "And how good are they?"

The inquisitor smirked "Ask her yourself."

Super power: Shitty jokes
Super Weakness : easily distracted by the sexy
Special Quote: I am a luxury few can afford
Cthulhu
Admin

Experience : 25843

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 am

"Fifty men, the very best the imperium has to offer" Novia replied bluntly, confidently, and without hesitation

"How generous of you." Lukos said dryly, due to the warpstorm around the planet he wasn't going to be able to leave even if he wanted to
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm

"The very best?" He replied ,brow raised in surprise as he turned to look over them "Well then...rather impressive I must say , though I've heard the same from many a commander before , I will need specifics if I am to put them to use , if that is what the Lord Daemonhunter has in mind of course." Vulkeyr noted as the sounds of anti air cannons beginning to load echoed through the hall.

"Novia go ahead , I'm sure you'll enjoy the telling of your men's daring exploits more than I." Osiris replied with a knowing smile , despite her disciplined demeanor he knew she had more than a little pride in the valor of her unit.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:07 pm

"We specialize in airborne deployment, and while our experience fighting Chaos space marines is existent but not extensive, we have ample experience dealing with the enslavers and the dark eldar. Astartes are easier to hit than dark, and we bring enough firepower to put them down... however they also tend to be more tactically sound, better armed, and slower to put down; so I wouldn't recommend we deploy offensively if the enemy know we're coming." Novia without blinking or showing any level of emotion in front of the astartes assessed the situation that she had already thought up in the paranoid fretting she calls free time.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm

"Ah , a lightning fast deployment then , behind enemy lines ." Vulkeyr nodded swiftly "Well we Dread Hammers are known for lightning fast shock deployments...so you'll fit right in." He replied calmly. "I assume you will wish to be used as something along the lines of a kill team?"

Osiris pondered this for a moment , though he was loth to hand over all command of his men and himself to anyone , he realized coordination was the best tactic. "...We will be the scalpel to your hammer , after all I'm more than a little sure that there will be daemons worth killing among their foul ranks....but first Novia I'll need you to uncloak the rest of the men."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:39 pm

"What's more we should be able to move around without drawing much attention, to ourselves. A congregation of as many astartes or sisters would be easy to spot what with all the power armor" Novia added and with a whistle she would signal for the majority of her men to uncloak of course she had had enough men with them that had the astartes tried to make a move they would not have cleared the holster of their bolt pistol before being torn apart by hellgun fire
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

"As clearly demonstrated by this little power move." Vulkeyr smiled , unshaken yet rather impressed by the forethought of the two. Though as a Dread Hammer he disliked stealth and subterfuge , preferring direct overwhelming assault. After all those were the tools of a Night Lord , and the very name of that wretched chapter made his skin crawl , if only because he'd one been among their ranks.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm

"Just a precaution..." Novia said since about half astartes chapters could be described as a failed experiment.

"Assuming they don't have Daemon titans this city should last for a while." Lukos commented "These scions working in kill teams is great but we need to look at our long term options for a counter attack" he wasn't as dumb as he acted half the time
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 pm

"Ah , I see your brain has begun to fire up once more." He replied with a teasing smile "It's been a while since the last time that happened." The captain continued in jest "Yet you make a good point , my experience tells me to wait for them to set down on the planet, capture territory . When they do we begin sending counter attack after counter attack , we would insert lord Osiris and his scions first ,for the emperor has given us a deadly scalpel to use in defense of Garmr and I don't intend to waste it. They have the subtlety that our size denies us. Then when our enemy is disoriented , his wretched commanders dead on the ground , his supply lines cut , and his craven heart quivering in fear of the servants of our grand emperor....we rain from the sky and crush him where he stands."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:45 am

"Slight problem with that brother patriarch we need to get to the sky to rain from it, and they have so much air and space superiority it isn't even funny." Lukos interjected, he didn't want to contradict his brother, but he felt obliged to. "If we group up too much they will hit us from orbit, if we take to the skies we will be shot down... the scions may be able to move around, but us... if we travel we'll need to travel in light groups, and after the coming weeks air travel will be impossible. What we as space marines need to do is have our astropaths send a message to the fleet, stick to fortified positions or small assault groups, and wait for the this warp storm to clear up so the fleet can hit the bastards in orbit. Only then will it be possible to make a move, and crush these traitors once and for all. additionally if we keep our aircraft reserved and ready to strike, we can ensure none of the bastards planet side make it back to their ships."
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 am

Vulkeyr nodded ,rather proud that his fellow astartes picked up on the flaws in his plan so quick , Vulkeyr would admit that occasionally his fervor outweighed his foresight and resulted in statements like that. "As you can see Lukos here serves to...temper my fervor with a touch of reason." He explained to the others with a smile.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:09 am

"Let's not waste time then, we need to get that message out as soon as possible" Novia said, the time for action on that front was now

"Agreed" lukos said "We all know how easy most astropath's tend to die, most of the city's choir is dead from the warp storm alone... So let's use them before a serf thinks too hard in their general direction or something"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:18 am

Vulkeyr smirked "The astropath's are already sending out calls as normal to the support fleet , but I can modify their orders and ask them to bring in more support , from the SDF , I'll also contact the Ice Drakes to see if they can call in that rogue trader dynasty they're so chummy with , and to bring in their own fleet. They're sons of Vulkan after all , so I suspect even their fleet alone will be quite formidable."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

"Great now all we need is for the enemy not to launch a psychic attack before the message is sent." Lukos commented relaxing a bit
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 am

"You really should refrain from saying such things lest something hap-" Suddenly the inquisitor lord's knees buckled as a burning pain erupted in his skull , heterochromatic eyes beginning to glow as the pain ripped into Lukos' skull as well. "Shit!" The space marine cursed as he immediately crouched to his librarian's side. Swiftly he turned to look at Novia "The night lords are preparing an attack , this is their way of silencing our communication line , mobilize your men now!"

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:58 am

"I take it you have tunnels leading out of the city" Novia asked as she helped the inquisitor back to his feet, if they were going to be slipping out of the city to get in position as a kill team this was the time.

Lukos grunted and rose, to his feet having fallen to a knee from a psychic pain like having his head split open... yet he had not fallen fully. He was not an astropath, not a battle psyker, he was not even an inuisitor. He was a librarian, a space marine, and while at times he appeared to have little pride in his chapter; he had more pride than any mere human could fathom. "Seems the chaos gods themselves, have an eye on me." He grumbled "I will check on the astropaths" he offered
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 am

Vulkeyr seethed internally as he stood up from Lukos' side, the veins of his neck bulging ever so slightly as he swiftly turned and headed for the lift. There was no time to waste , the Night Lords craven as they were would be upon them soon..this city would be lost without the help of their astropaths "We must slip out  though It burns my blood to say it." He declared bitterly as he stepped into the lift and waited for the others to join him "Lukos our brothers and our comrades in the pdf already have their orders , they will stage a proper retreat , in the mean time it is imperative that you gather our living astropaths . We will meet you in the tunnels."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 am

Lukos would nod, and clap Vulkeyr on the shoulder "I'll meet you, and any others of our house who survive on the way to the mountain fortress brother, stay alive or die well, and slay a few heretics for me if you come across them. Honor and courage, and all that jazz." The librarian bid his brother well almost seeming like a proper space marine for a moment there before resting his force sword on his shoulder and running toward where the choir would be located in the western tower of the citadel past a large bridge connecting it with the rest
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:38 am

As Lukos made his way down the long bridge , a terrifying howl ripped through the air as out of nowhere a drop pod crashed down before him! Painted a jet black and bearing the heretical eight pointed symbol of chaos , Lukos would easily deduce it as a pod of the Black Legion. With a sharp hiss the doors of the pod slid down and ,brandishing bolter guns four marines charged out of the pod and opened fire immediately. Howling praise to their ruinous gods through it all as two more hopped out to join them.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:54 am

"By the emperor I do not have time for this." The librarian cursed as the pod crashed between him and the tower. Just before the doors exploded off the pod Lukos raised his empty hand and hardened a shield of electricity with his mind, it would be taxing to most, but as the bolter rounds exploded harmlessly on his electric field spraying fire and shrapnel all over the place it was a fairly minor strain on the librarians mind of steel "MY BLADE LONGS TO REND YOUR SOULS" Lukos gave a shout of pure glee for the slaughter to come, and charged; one hand before him maintaining the field the other holding his sword as he closed the distance
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 am

Not having many other options they began to move back while keeping up fire.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 am

When he reached the closest one there was a broad grin on Lukos's face as he rammed his focre sword into their chest blade crackling with energy that tore the chaos marines soul to shreds in a quick yet agonizing demise. At that he finally let down his lightning shield and blasted the marine off is sword to the right into two of their comrades to stall and trip them up as he cleanly decapitated the one on his left with his blade.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:47 am

The dead marine's body was kicked aside as his two 'comrades' charged Lukos with their chainswords , screaming out cries of "Blood for the blood god!"

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content