Hammerfall : A Warhammer 40k RP

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hammerfall : A Warhammer 40k RP

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:06 am

Space Marines knew no fear, this had been repeated quadrillions of times on trillions of tongues ,from the lowest serf to the venerable chapter masters the Imperium was kept alive by the truth of these words. By the fact that all throughout the galaxy without the petty whimperings of terror the Adeptus Astartes would fling themselves to battle against the many foes of the Imperium. Whether they be heretic , xenos or daemon scum the space marines fought. Yet a lack of fear did not eliminate doubt , nor caution...and even space marines needed allies. For this reason Vulkeyr Twiceborn , Brother Patriarch of House Dawnstrike , legend of the Dread Hammers stood where he stood. Alone in a circular marble courtyard , well groomed trees swaying slightly in the gentle winds of the world. He was waiting , waiting for his allies to arrive , for here on the fringe of the Imperium they were few and the bonds of loyalty had to remain strong. And as such these meetings had become a hallowed yet fairly common event. The black and yellow stripes of his artificer armor's shoulder pads shone in the silver light of the world's white sun as he turned to face the footsteps he heard enter the hall. As he did he wondered who had arrived first ? Perhaps a cannoness of the sisters? A captain of the ice drakes ? Or perhaps some other agent of the emperor's will?

Super power: Shitty jokes
Super Weakness : easily distracted by the sexy
Special Quote: I am a luxury few can afford
Cthulhu
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 25843

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hammerfall : A Warhammer 40k RP

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:37 am

Two would arrive at once; one was the hulking figure Maklion Dommantle chapter master and perhaps the only greater hero of the dread hammers than the one already present. The chapter master had been gone for half a century after he had volunteered his house to aid in an imperial campaign against the tyranid, now his return for the summit signaled an imperial victory for he would not return with a job half finished; his greeting to the Brother Patriarch was warm and jovial "Well met brother, I hope your blade has not been too idle in my absence" He clapped his smaller brother on the shoulder

The other was more familiar of later, a much smaller man compared to the towering marines, but one worthy of respect none the less. At ninety years old the Garmr planetary governor already bore the full weight of age, a withered old man, with skin like leather, and only about a tenth of his teeth, but with fire still burning in his eyes, but spirit alone could not eclipse the fact that he was a withered man held together by failing cybernetics and determinations. Nonetheless he had been a hero when his body had allowed it, many of the older brother's such as Vulkeyr himself, and the older sisters of battle remembered remembered the heroic charge of "lieutenant Jenkins" as he was known some sixty years ago and his platoon against the night lords that had broken their lines like an egg. Which was of course but one of his may exploits.
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 34021

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 am

Vulkeyr bowed his head in deference to his liege "My lords." He replied with the warm smile that often appeared at times like these "It is ever an honor to be in the presence of such stalwart servants of the emperor." He declared , taking in the two faces for quite some time, the unaging fortitude of the powerfully built astartes , and the withered yet dignified wisdom of the governor "Do you know when our comrades will be arriving? I know the Ice Drakes have a love for being fashionably late emperor bless them."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:52 am

"I would imagine the good sisters saw something nice along the way, and stopped to complete their mandatory eleven prayers to the emperor." The old man would quip good naturally in a raspy voice, followed by a small chuckle that would quickly devolve into a few coughs, before he cleared his throat and grinned wryly before commenting with the same humor "I've never know a a woman to arrive anywhere on time, even a sister of battle."

Maklion would shake his head at this hiding a smile; the governor had many talents, appearing official had never been one of them.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 am

"Oh come now my lord , they arrived right in the nick of time during the incursion of that one damnable ork warboss." Vulkeyr countered with a similar smile as he leaned a bit on his thunder hammer,careful not to put on too much weight lest he shatter the painted marble floor.

"And besides Lord Governor, a Sister of Battle arrives exactly as the Emperor Wishes." An elegant contralto posited from the tall arched doorway. "It has been quite a time my lords , and though I hope the Emperor allows me to visit this pleasant world more often , my duties have prevented this of late." The cannoness explained as she nodded to each of her comrades with respect.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:27 am

"I suppose I can acknowledge that one time" Governor Jenkins gave a raspy laugh and bowed to his fellows including the cannoness as best he could

Maklion would turn to face the cannoness, she was likely but a child when he left the system if alive at all "Always a pleasure to meat a cannoness of the Nightingale, I am Chapter master Maklion of the dread hammers of course" He introduced himself to the cannoness "I trust the governor, and the brother patriarch have not given you too much trouble in my absence." He was a figure of justice and strength in his appearance, in deed, and in the way he moved and spoke; one who commanded respect from all yet anyone could still feel comfortable around, not what one would expect from a chapter master, or a son of kurze.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 am

"Cannonness Ophelia Embron ,and by the emperor's fortune they have not my lord ...though the lord governor is as always ,eccentric." She replied with a hint of a smile.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 am

"He's always been a challenging fellow, I first met him when he was knee high, a promising young cadet, but one day he set about organizing a kitchen raid. How he managed to incapacitate twenty of our serfs with two dozen ten year olds I will never know. I was to inspect the training camp the next day we found the serfs and an instructor all tied up in a broom closet and the kitchens half empty; gave him the lash of course, but I knew he would make a fine commander one day, would have made a fine brother if he had been just a little taller..." Maklion started to go off on one of his reminiscing tirades

The lord governor coughs a raspy cough to interrupt, a bit embarrassed by the adventures of his youth "I do believe we have more important business to get to, my lord chapter master"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 am

"Yes , there is but one representative still not present."Ophelia nodded in agreement asshe tok a place against a pillar "Yet the sons of Vulkan are not known for their speed to be sure."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 pm

"I don't know about that" Maklion commented, stating "Seeing as they are based out of system it's remarkable they even arrive within the year consistently. Warp travel is a fickle thing after all"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm

"Yet with the aid and knowledge of the Rogue Traders perhaps they make do." Vulkeyr theorized .

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:18 pm

"Even then, the time they make is impressive, and I'm not just saying that because of their tendency as the Cannoness's to make a dramatic entrance in the middle of conversations." Maklion said with a grin
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm

"Yes it is quite the talent." A deep voice rumbled , smug grin on his dark face as he walked in.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:45 pm

"Indeed, standing outside the door waiting for a dramatic entrance is rather impressive" The old man said in a raspy voice, having been watching them doing so through a data slate linked to the security systems, in some ways despite his frailty we was the scariest person there. The old man was always vigilant, and always had a plan for anything, that made him dangerous even to a space marine
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 pm

"Oh that's cheating." He replied waving it off mirthfully as e walked to the edge of the courtyard which overlooked the glistening skyline of Garmr's capital city "I see there's been some architectural changes since last I was here...yet it has the same spirit as always when I look at it." He thought aloud in the rich baritone common to the son's of Vulkan. "As always a pleasure and honor to hold council with loyal servants of the emperor , and The Krassus dynasty gives their greetings from the Boreas sector." He declared as he turned to look to the others.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

"The cathedrals have, not been replaced." Governor Jenkins would clarify about the recent changes to the city's layout to appease the Cannoness "Simply added some external structures to make them and the city more secure cannons and turrets and such, I call the project my canonization strategy... bit of a pun there..." He would cough again then continue "Which brings me to the reason I insisted on having this meeting a year early recently" A grave look came over his face "I have recieved intelligence that suggests the nightlords, in conjunction with the black legion, and several cults and traitor guard regiments will mount a major offensive this coming year."
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Vulkeyr nodded knowingly "There have been many signs of late , the quiet rumbles to the greater thunderstorm. It is crucial that relations be kept up so we may unite effectively against this inevitable threat."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:15 pm

"As such I would like to offer a regiment of heavy infantry , and two of artillery; to be garrisoned on the world of the ice drakes with their permision." The Governor made his opening bid "And suggest the sororitas send troops as well, as we are simply not quick enough to send aid in a timely fashion through warp travel"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:25 pm

The Chapter Master turned , a look of genuine surprise on his face as he turned to look over his allies . It was not in the nature of an Ice Drake to ask for aid , even when he needed it , and charity would often be refused by the pragmatic chapter. Yet in his glowing red eyes they saw not scorn but veiled relief "...It is a shameful thing to admit , but even a chapter as used to harsh conditions as the Scions of Boreas ....are in need of assistance from time to time , and It would be selfish of me to refuse it over our pride." He replied with a slow nod , it was clear the proposition made him uncomfortable. But it was known that the gene seed of the Ice Drakes had fallen to ruin of late , and that the chapter would soon fade if not given suitable help...no fitting end for a force as ferocious as theirs.

Cannoness Ophelia seemed to ponder it for a moment , calculating the logistics of such a venture in merely a few moments , a talent both the governor and Vulkeyr knew well. ".....We will do this , the Ice Drakes will have their aid...they have stood lone in the Boreas Sector for long enough, and no shame can be found in this."

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:37 pm

"While he dread hammers are in no position to send a substantial force, we will have an experienced sept." Maklion said after thinking for a bit "Who will be able to lend their expertise fighting the nightlords, and will bolster the ranks of our PDF"

(time for something to happen)
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm

(don't worry my man)

Yet something interrupted their deliberations before the chapter master had the chance to speak ,a low shaking rumble coming from far above the clouds. It boomed , echoing over the entirety of the city.Then the heavens broke and the world trembled , warp energy erupted from the depths of space as from the planets surface a massive ship appeared with a crack like ten million thunder claps. It's dark twisted visage appearing out of nothingness , scattering the clouds even from hundreds of miles up in space. A chaos battleship.

As soon as it arrived a maelstrom of strobing flaming warp thunder began to surround the entirety of the planet. Cutting off the skies in a near blinding miasma of warp lightning and fire. A trap had been sprung! This was the attack they had been gathering for ,and with the warp storm quickly surrounding the planet and beginning to scour it with blasts of lightning from the very Immaterium they knew....The Night Lords had come for them!

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:00 pm

As Maklion began to chuckle ever so quietly, the gorvernor would briefly find himself lost for words; a flicker of fear the inevitable weakness no human could be purged of completely, but in a split second the governor overcame such weakness, and spoke "It would seem they discovered a pair sooner than I had predicted... If you ladies and gentlemen don't mind I have some vox calls to make troops to mobilize." though he was not a fighter any longer he now had a mountains of contingencies he needed to enact and defenses to order online
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Vulkeyr however seemed nowhere near as relaxed as his lord , yet he did not tremble with fear , but with a grim hatred. "I will gather those of my House and prepare them for battle." He seethes quietly, though he waited for his lord's permission to leave.

Swiftly the Canoness whispered a quiet prayer and made her leave , intent on going to gather her sisters for the fight to come.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:25 pm

(what now?)
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Maklion would suddenly cease his laughter and address the other's with a sharp "HOLD!" voice filled with forceful urgency, that only the wizened general was allowed to ignore for they shared an understanding of the plan to come "Cannonness, Ice drake; do you see that battleship? it is not here to bombard the city, the void shields make that just about useless, besides that is far too swift for their tastes. It is there to suppress us, if you attempt to move any large number of forces outside of the city's void shield's they will bombard you to dust; at the same time if we start pulling out one by one we leave our most valuable position vulnerable; so while that battleship is focused on us you tell your forces here to hold, and focus on directing your troops who are outside of the city. Vulkeyr your house is stationed in the city Secunda, you have my leave to take a small aircraft to join them"

After making sure all the defensive positions were ready the old man's first order of businesses was to approach the astropathic choir of his palace, he needed to get a message out to the pdf on other planets, and the ice drakes
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next