Our Strange Tale Begins

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Our Strange Tale Begins

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 4:50 am

"So.....I'm beginning to rethink this , and It's come across my mind that perhaps this wasn't the best course of action we could have taken." A red headed man voiced to his plumper black haired companion , testing his footing as they walked deeper and deeper into the ever widening ever dark maw of the cave. Though his tone hadn't been exactly serious ,the man found that the deeper they inched into the cave the more unsettled he got. Like something was moving around them , their little island of bright flashlights alone in a sea of pitch black...and that unsettled him.As a hunter of all things cryptid and unnatural he was used to heading into eerie locations to scout things out...but , never had he felt this before.

Super power: Shitty jokes
Super Weakness : easily distracted by the sexy
Special Quote: I am a luxury few can afford
Cthulhu
Admin

Race : Demon
Experience : 25843

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Strange Tale Begins

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 am

Said companion had only a flashlight in hand and a "divining rod" on his belt "Are you kidding? This cave is giving me weird vibes; it could be our only chance to find something really paranormal, isn't that worth a little risk" Evan pointed out "Glad it's not just me close to chickening out though" he said with a grin
The Lord Regent
Admin

Experience : 34021

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 5:43 am

"Yeah you would wanna keep going mr 'Divining rod'." He teased back as he held a radar in hand.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 5:47 am

"Hey it help us find the cave" Evan pointed out defensively though that was likely do more to chance, even a broken clock is right twice a day after all
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 pm

"Dude how could we have missed this thing it's half the size of your mom's vagina!" He replied with a goofy joking grin.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Evan grumbles at the very mention of one of his parents, whom he still has serious issues with.
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Despite all of the jokes Lincoln's hands still trembled slightly as they carefully touched on cold rock of the cavern , marred and shaped by centuries of erosion in the pitch black. Years and years with no light from the sun , only long long night. He couldn't help but wonder how many things had lived down in this deep , how many lived and died without a single breath of fresh air ,spending the whole of their existence swallowed by the dark. The shaking was spreading.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 pm

"Dah crap." His companion said aloud as his flash light began to die and he smacked it against his knee to get it going again. "Rechargeable batteries my ass." Evan seemed oblivious to the fear consuming Lincoln, he lumbered through the darkness without regard or concern for what lurked there, It was not bravery, but a curiosity that had a hold of his good sense. Unlike Lin he hoped to catch sight of something dangerous, but had absolutely no plan if he did, it was like something inside him was blinding him to the sense of dread that consumed others in such places, instead leaving him upbeat and excited
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 6:18 pm

"Evan...I don't like this." Lin reiterated as he turned to look at his friend , eyes uncertain as his flashlight began to fade as well "W-we should go dude...we should go."A quiet panic began to overtake him as his skin began to crawl , everything around them felt wrong. Like some horrible creature was breathing right on his skin. As he began to back away a wet slap was heard against the ground ahead.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 6:22 pm

"Yeah alright just let me check that out first." He said taking out a glow stick which he cracked before tossing it ahead to illuminate the area where the sound had come from
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 pm

As the low green glow began to illuminate the area , a crackle like tinder beginning to burn began to fill the cave , and the low sickly sweet smell of mold began to waft up the nostrils of he pair. In the dark surrounded by fangs of rock , four glowing purple eyes appeared.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 8:31 pm

"You know maybe you had point earlier..." Evan suddenly admitted taking a step back torn between wanting to one and wanting to stay what it is he did not shake, in fact he could hardly move from indecision
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 8:51 pm

From the blackness that bordered the green light a dark fog began to flow ,and with that suddenly the eyes disappeared.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 8:55 pm

After a moment to catch his startled breath, Evan looked over to his friend wondering what to do
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Lincoln was frozen in place eyes locked on the spot where those eyes had been , mouth suddenly too dry to speak.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm

After a moment of not being ripped apart a grin spread across Evan's face "Dude we found something..." he said all too happy to believe what he say "Come on let's see what it is" He started forging deeper into the cave
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Lincoln on the other hand looked nowhere near as sure , hand resting on the flare gun holstered at his hip. From the back of his skull he felt something scratching and clawing screaming for him not to go further. Quickly he deduced what this voice was, from the far back recesses of his mind that voice yelled...the base instinct of survival. The kind that governed the lives of he and Evan's ancestors for thousands of dozens of centuries. The kind that beckoned one to huddle a fire in the dark of night , to stay in when the sun went down. And now it was screaming at him , kicking and clawing and hollering for him not to take one further step in. "Are...are you sure." He questioned one last time as he attempted to steel his resolve , brown doe eyes tense with terror.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 9:24 pm

"Not entirely but I'm going in anyway" Evan glanced at him and aditted before going to forge ahead again
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 9:28 pm

As the 'occultist' seemed to fade deeper and deeper into the cave , Lin let out a sigh. Sure he was scared but he couldn't leave his friend in here , even if something really was here. No ....especially if there was something here. Evan was smart but if there really was something amuck down in these caverns he'd be dead meat. So slowly he shook himself a bit ,and began to follow , flare gun now in hand.

As they ventured further in , a flash of reflecting light hit Evan's eye as the glow of the stick revealed an object half buried in the ground. A book , it's cover some ancient black leather , covered in strange warts in ridges, it's edges lined with what appeared to be steel carved in strange bladed patterns.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Cracking another glowstick as his flashlight began to fade he bent down brushing some dirt off the book and taking it in hand. As he examined it by the orange light his heart pounded with excitement; this was a strange place to find a book; maybe it had something to do with the creature, maybe it was magic in some way, the possibilities surged through his head as he began to stand again and started to motion his friend over loudly declaring "I found something!"
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Quickly Lincoln rushed over , a curious expression on his face as he approached his friend "Oh good ....jeeezus H man ,really? Touching an old looking buried book you found in a cave? You're not Indy dude this isn't gonna end well!"

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 pm

"Well hey at least I wouldn't die boringly" Evan half joked at his friend
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 10:33 pm

As soon as those fate-tempting words left his lips Evan felt something come over the air...some presence in the cold. For years the two had both been near obsessed with the unnatural , Evan with the mystical , Lincoln fascinated by cryptids and conspiracies. Lonely nights spent alone on the computer chasing the faint strings of theories and rumors had been regular for the both of them. Isolation and mockery due to these beliefs had been a point that had made them friends in the first place , meeting up in the school computer lab or at Evans place to watch documentaries about big foot or psychic cults.

All of it had lead up to this , the duo exploring a cave somewhere in the back woods of Wisconsin . Venturing not out of courage but out of curiosity into a deep chasm known as the 'Calling Cave'. Now it was all coming to a head , Lincoln could feel it , all of that time spent so desperately chasing after the unknown so desperately looking for things that maybe people weren't supposed to know. And from the chasm the reason for it came.

Lincoln's heart began to pound as a low groaning call began to echo out of the black , and shambling through the pitch dark...they came.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Regent on Sun May 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Upon hearing the growl Evan intentionally dropped the glow stick hoping he would be able to get a good look at whatever it was when it passed through the light, as he started backing up, his heart pounding again, though his curiousity prevented him from sprinting out quite yet
The Lord Regent
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Lincoln however was quite the opposite , with a tight grip he grabbed his slightly rotund friend by the shoulder. The instincts of an eldest brother of three siblings automatically coming into play as he, with shaking knees put himself between his friend and whatever this could be. Lincoln's very being shook with a base terror as through the light stepped....some thing, wrong.

Time seemed to freeze as Lincoln's eyes locked on the thing. It was....a monster ,almost humanoid in form , it's pale slime oozing pimpled skin shimmering in the damp of the cave air. From it's deformed lump of a head sprouted an eye stalk like that of a slug crowned with a single black orb that reminded one of a caviar egg. It's lower body was a panoply of hard black armored legs like those of a crustacean , barbed spines covering them like hair. Suddenly time returned to it's normal pace and with a guttural yell Lincoln aimed his flare gun and fired it , the burning spark bursting the creature aflame and elliciting a horrid wailing screech. Brain still barely comprehending what was happening and body pumping with a cocktail of fear and adrenaline the farm boy grabbed Evan by the arm and began to run fast as his legs would carry him. There were more coming.

Cthulhu
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content